R2D2 question

jtrpm

Reaction score
so this is the first time ive posted with a question been reading alot about rooting and changing roms

my question is this...

i have the r2d2 phone on 2.2 i have used z4root and it is now rooted
i have created a backup using bootstrap
i am considering loading a rom because i want to speed up my phone by overclocking and removing bloatware

do i have to sbf to 2.3 to load a rom like squidly or can i just load the rom on my 2.2 and still be ok i have read that you cannot go back to 2.2 after the 2.3 update and i dont want to be able to not go back to my backup if i screw something up...

if anyone can answer that for me i would appreciate it

thanks

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Have you read up on which roms work on the r2d2 phone? Bc for some reason I wanna say there arent many that will work right now and if you do throw one on there is going to throw it in a boot loop so check that out 1st and the 2.3 thing you should already be on that, that was the last update we had about 3-4 months ago so if your not on 2.3 no you cant do a rom for sure

OP
J

jtrpm

Reaction score
I checked my android version it is definitly android version 2.2. So I unrooted and tried to update says my phone is up to date.
Should I just go ahead and sbf it to 2.3 ?
And if I do is there still no way to go back to 2.2?
A simpler solution might be me just going without a rom but if I do this is there a way for me to remove blockbuster,kindle, ect without using a differnt rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

iwearhats

Reaction score
I've heard of people installing a 2.3.20 rom over the R2D2 2.4.5. I personally took the SBF to 2.3.20 route first. So try whatever you want, just make a backup.

OP
J

jtrpm

Reaction score
If I attempt to flash a rom without the sbf and it fails I can still bootstrap back to before the rom flash correct?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Well unless it does install and sends you in to a bootloop then u will have sbf back to your backup unless you can get it into recovery

Tappen and Talken