Mystery pop up for half a second

GMSjlee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7
I have been getting this strange pop up image, white background and blue outlines of speech bubbles and a person standing in front of them with their back to us, with a message below saying "once you start a new conversation, you'll see it listed here" which is on my screen for half a second then disappears. Sometimes I won't see it for a day or two, sometimes it pops up 3 times in 1 day. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and not sure what the image is from. When I go to open Google Messages it will randomly pop up. It is not an ad or a link but some kind of notification. Not sure if it's some 3rd party app or hack???

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 95

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I have been getting this strange pop up image, white background and blue outlines of speech bubbles and a person standing in front of them with their back to us, with a message below saying "once you start a new conversation, you'll see it listed here" which is on my screen for half a second then disappears. Sometimes I won't see it for a day or two, sometimes it pops up 3 times in 1 day. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and not sure what the image is from. When I go to open Google Messages it will randomly pop up. It is not an ad or a link but some kind of notification. Not sure if it's some 3rd party app or hack???
Welcome to the forum. I've used android smart phones since late 2008 and have never seen that. Maybe someone else on the forum will have more information for you.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's the blank Google Messages screen you see when you first setup a new phone. It's not a hack or an ad, it's Messages, what it looks like before you send or receive the first text. If you aren't using Google Messages I'm not sure why it's popping up. Maybe disable that app if you use a different app for texting?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk