LTE Error Pop Up on Unlock

jkeben

Reaction score
I have had my Droid Turbo since Christmas and I love it, but I've been noticing some strange network issues while the phone is asleep. I check battery stats and notice time ranging from minutes to hours where connections were in the red. I just started noticing that when I unlock the phone I briefly see some error message that quickly disappears before I can read it. All I know is that it says something about LTE. Has anyone else Noyce's l noticed this or has been able to capture the pop up?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have had my Droid Turbo since Christmas and I love it, but I've been noticing some strange network issues while the phone is asleep. I check battery stats and notice time ranging from minutes to hours where connections were in the red. I just started noticing that when I unlock the phone I briefly see some error message that quickly disappears before I can read it. All I know is that it says something about LTE. Has anyone else Noyce's l noticed this or has been able to capture the pop up?
Well what I've seen which is related to me having my phone set to LTE / CDMA rather than Global is that upon waking it is the windy saying that is no LTE service and asking if I want to switch to Global. That window disappears quickly once it recognizes that service is there.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You might try removing the sim card while the phone is on.. Then powering off and reinstalling the sim card/tray.. This is called reseating the sim.. I had to do it on my turbo at first... Be careful with the sim card..

OP
J

jkeben

Reaction score
Okay, that makes sense. I also have mine set to LTE/CDMA so I'm likely getting the same message as you about switching to Global. Have you noticed any issues with connectivity while the phone is asleep? My concern is that signal is dropping and the phone is using extra power to search for a signal. For example, I have 11 hours of on time with 22% without a signal.

OP
J

jkeben

Reaction score
You might try removing the sim card while the phone is on.. Then powering off and reinstalling the sim card/tray.. This is called reseating the sim.. I had to do it on my turbo at first... Be careful with the sim card..
I will have to try that. I'll report back with the results.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Okay, that makes sense. I also have mine set to LTE/CDMA so I'm likely getting the same message as you about switching to Global. Have you noticed any issues with connectivity while the phone is asleep? My concern is that signal is dropping and the phone is using extra power to search for a signal. For example, I have 11 hours of on time with 22% without a signal.
Well, you will see a short period of time where apparently I had no signal but nothing as dramatic as the lengths you experienced.

6d535a266ab542bbca58352f0e628af5.jpg

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

1coopgt

Reaction score
I saw that error message while I was in Manassas ,VA a couple of weeks ago . Also had the phone set to LTE/CDMA . I agree is was just low signal strength where you were at .

OP
J

jkeben

Reaction score
Did this yesterday and no signal loss even though I frequented the same areas of town as before. I'll chime in again if I notice otherwise after a few more days. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Droid Turbo

OP
J

jkeben

Reaction score
Looks like the issue is related to advanced calling being enabled. Whenever LTE is lost it stays off until the phone is awake. At least that appears to be the case for me.

Sent from my Droid Turbo