SMS Pop up problem

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've loved SMS Pop up app since I got it a year ago, but the last 2 days I've noticed that whenever I hit reply on a message pop up, it goes to the screen where you actually have to click on the persons name to respond to them, which is not how it has been working.

Before, when a SMS popup came up, you had a new message, you clicked reply and it would bring you to the screen with your message convo with that person, now it doesn't. It also doesn't bring you back to the home screen after replying anymore.

Anyone else noticed this and is this a bug?

I'm reinstalling now to see if that will fix the problem.

This is on a droid 1.

Last edited:

AdamK

Reaction score
Try going to SMS Popup Config -> Additional Settings -> Button Configuration -> choose the Reply button -> try changing it to "Reply (to phone number)" or "Reply" if you already have it set to that.

Explanation - there are two ways to "reply" to an SMS via Intents on Android, one says "reply to a specific message thread", the other says "reply to phone number XYZ". While both are supposed to open the correct thread with the original conversation showing, some Android skins (like motoblur or htc sense) don't always support both correctly.