mysterious icon

bhall238

Reaction score
Just the other day an icon appeared in the status bar of my Thunderbolt that looks like one of those over the ear things people are wearing. My bluetooth is not on, if this were someone having paired an earpiece to my phone somehow, wouldn't the bluetooth be on too? I've never used one of these so I'm really at a loss. If I plug in headphones I get the standard headphone looking icon so this is something different that I've never seen before. I can't find anything out of the ordinary in my settings. I've pulled my battery and it still comes back. Anyone have any idea what this is and how I can turn it off? Thanks, you might be saving me a trip to the Verizon store.

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Pic of this icon? I just looked through the manual and saw several that *could* be considered what you may be talking about.f

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
I don't know of a way to take a pic of my screen, I've never had a reason to do it. I am stock. Is there an app in the market that would let me do that? I guess I could take a pic with my wife's phone and then send it to my phone so I could attach it in my next post. Thanks for reminding me about the manual though, I am pretty sure I downloaded that and saved it on a zip drive that is at home.

edited because I just pulled the manual in at work. I don't see what this looks like in the manual. It looks a lot like the Plantronics Voyager Pro + shown in this link:

http://www.plantronics.com/us/category/mobile

but with a smaller microphone.

Last edited:
OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
The trip to Verizon was a waste of time, they had no clue what this thing is. They suggested a factory reset (the answer to everything).

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
I will try that route when I get home tonight. Thanks.

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
I hope this works. Please tell me what the icon is to the left.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jka

Reaction score
Did you turn on the hearing aid function?

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a hearing aide function. Nothing shows up in the settings, or in the mamnual; can it be turned off?

Last edited:

jka

Reaction score
For sure you can turn it off. Go to settings I calls or call then make sure hearing aid is not checked off then you are done. Those guys at big red Verizon are a bunch of idiots they don't even know what they are doing.

jka

Reaction score
Hey let me know if that fix it

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
Hey let me know if that fix it

dancedroidThank you very much jka. That was it. Isn't it amazing that the Verizon store employees had no clue about that? I did a search in the PDF of the manual for the Thunderbolt and nothing came up, but still....

While I was waiting for "help" I looked at the new Samsung, the Charge I believe, and was surprised to see an App Killer pre-installed. They really don't know much about these Android phones do they. Anyway, thanks again; like I tell my friends if you really want to find out all about Android phones, come to the Droid Forum.