My X wont root

If you have Root Explorer, its in /system/app

For whatever reason I cannot uninstall superuser? Where can I find it in the files and maybe I can delete that way?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!

Did you mount R/W?

Ok now I am bugged. I found the .apk file for superuser however I still can't delete it....or uninstall it....

DroidForums junkie!!

Not sure what you mean. Can you explain?

I have SUFBS so yes.

Its a root explorer...

I think there's a bit of a catch 22 because su is a system app so you can remove it unless you have su access.

tappin and a talkin

When I look in my app files I have two su. Apks . One from my original root and another from today when i tried z4. Must be something with having two? Is there a way to delete in the terminal?

Touché Spaz! Suggestions?

I think there's a bit of a catch 22 because su is a system app so you can remove it unless you have su access.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums junkie!!

My best suggestion would be to take the plunge and try the terminal method. There's basically no inherent risk of damage with that method and it should get you where you need to be.

tappin and a talkin

Do you have a link to some good step by step instructions? Also where do I get the .bin file and where do I put it on my card?

From your instructions do I move the unzipped files to /tmp or the sdcard/tmp. I cannot paste in my phone /tmp using astro...

I never user z4 before the new update, but my old method didn't work once I went to .340. I downloaded it and it work like a charm on the first go. Although, I prefer my old ninja icon to the new skull and crossbones... oh well.. :)

Back