My Verizon

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Finally tried My Verizon, after having my Droid for almost a year. (my mom wouldnt tell me the password,ol) I noticed it has a data usage widget, but I have an unlimited data plan.
My question is, do they/can you change that widget to minutes used? My whole family, 4 phones, only have 700 minutes, and last month I ran up the bill. I don't understand how, I spent ~250mins and my sister spent 375+.... I'd like to be able to monitor my usage, so then if I start getting close to a certain number of minutes, I can slow my self down.

Don't like having to pay the whole $298 bill for my mistake as punishment, lol.

FrostMan

Reaction score
I don't think you can change the widget to anything but data usage. Leave it to VZW to make an app and only add a feature to conveniently see the only unlimited thing in your plan.

You would have to periodically open the app and see where you stand with your minutes, and maybe tell your sister to slow her roll.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I can see paying the overage....but the whole thing? Thats BS dude.

OP
SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend

Reaction score

I can see paying the overage....but the whole thing? Thats BS dude.
I know right, $300 bucks -.- that was almost all the money I had.

I've tried telling my sis to stop, but she don't care about anyone but herself. She has like 75 minute phone calls everyday -.- The one time I had a phone call over 50 minutes, and I gotta pay 300 bucks for it. My mom keeps saying she gonna put a limit on her and give me more coverage, but she is so tech-outdated, that she wouldn't know how and she hates going to/calling Verizon (the outsourced calls are murder)..not to mention my sister is an "account admin."

vzwtek

Reaction score
Number one, Verizon does not outsource their calls. Now there are call centers that are third party IN THE UNITED STATES that handle customer service now and again. But they do not outsource to other countries like ATT and Sprint do.

Does she understand how Family share buckets work?

Basically its like a drinking game, momma gets what she can drink, then sister/brother take their sips, whoever uses the rest of the drink, then they have to go start making more, lol.

but its the sister who is causing you all to go over, once she has used all the rest of the minutes, then everything you do is overage. It sucks, but i would help her take a look back, its a law of averages.

OP
SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Well maybe not the Wireless division, but whenever I call customer service for my internet, I get an indian calling me by my mom's first name in ever sentence he says. nd my mom has a long name that is irritating when repeated a billion times.

Just looked at the bill, and for some reason I'm only "billable" 110 minutes..anyone know why that is?

vzwtek

Reaction score
Well maybe not the Wireless division, but whenever I call customer service for my internet, I get an indian calling me by my mom's first name in ever sentence he says. nd my mom has a long name that is irritating when repeated a billion times.

Just looked at the bill, and for some reason I'm only "billable" 110 minutes..anyone know why that is?
how many minutes did your mom, then sister, then you use and i could give you a better idea.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean, as opposed to the 250 you mentioned in the OP? Some could be mobile-to-mobile. Doesn't the usage info include details?

OP
SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
We have unlimited talk and text, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, and unlimited data.
Now I know the person I was talking to, had T-Mobile... my line has the most features it looks like.
Here's what the My Verizon site shows. The $103 charge is my line
lookp.png

I used: 259 minutes
Mom : 177
Sister: 374
Dad: 10

259+177+374= 810 minutes and we have 700. If that's the case, did I really cause the problem or did Verizon just randomly pick a number to add the extra charge to?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Do you have any "friends & family" numbers - granted they are shared by the whole plan but it works great to phone numbers that are not Verizon or are landline & it will save on those plan minutes if you put those numbers you call the most but don't fit into the other groups.

Sent from my DROIDX

vzwtek

Reaction score
We have unlimited talk and text, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, and unlimited data.
Now I know the person I was talking to, had T-Mobile... my line has the most features it looks like.
Here's what the My Verizon site shows. The $103 charge is my line
lookp.png

I used: 259 minutes
Mom : 177
Sister: 374
Dad: 10

259+177+374= 810 minutes and we have 700. If that's the case, did I really cause the problem or did Verizon just randomly pick a number to add the extra charge to?

Nope, your sisters is the next mtn on the bucket list, so therefore, she is the one who screwed you over, you need to show that to your mom, your sister used 120 minutes over you, which thats what caused the overage.

And PS, 700 minutes does not include friends and family.

OP
SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
What do you mean the next mtn? Not that savvy with Wireless charges/lingo. You saying because she went over I was charged for it?

dwhisent

Reaction score
Don't worry about the lingo, what your family has to remember is that you have a bucket of 700 minutes to share, and once they are gone, you get charged. Each of you contributed to that overage. Your sister did the most damage, you second most, your mom 3rd, and even your dad just a bit. You are all responsible, so perhaps the fair thing is that you split the overage in proportion to what you used, and quit trying to decide who is "at fault". You all are. Your sister should pony up the most $$$, you next, etc.

Next, I suggest you roll up to 1400 minutes for $20/month more (for $300, that would have paid for 15 months of 1400 minutes), and you get friends & family as well.

You can keep track of your minutes used as often as you want, to keep watch. If you send a text to #min or #bal, you will receive a free text message from vzw telling you where you stand that day.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Don't worry about the lingo, what your family has to remember is that you have a bucket of 700 minutes to share, and once they are gone, you get charged. Each of you contributed to that overage. Your sister did the most damage, you second most, your mom 3rd, and even your dad just a bit. You are all responsible, so perhaps the fair thing is that you split the overage in proportion to what you used, and quit trying to decide who is "at fault". You all are. Your sister should pony up the most $$$, you next, etc.

Next, I suggest you roll up to 1400 minutes for $20/month more (for $300, that would have paid for 15 months of 1400 minutes), and you get friends & family as well.

You can keep track of your minutes used as often as you want, to keep watch. If you send a text to #min or #bal, you will receive a free text message from vzw telling you where you stand that day.

Gotta be careful with that, those usage check numbers are only current to the prior day. Your minutes usage is shown in real time, its billed at 12m. thats why if you have a modem you cannot keep it on 24/7, you can only keep it on 23h 55m before you will automatically be disconnected, verizon stops the connection so it can check billing.

moviemogul

Reaction score
Your parents are idiots for not having a larger minute plan.

Your sister is a typical woman, self centered and a plain annoyance.

You gotta understand, women don't see this stuff logically like us men do. Their attention spans are literally nanoseconds long.

You need to have your mom up the plan to a larger minute bucket, or ideally unlimited. It'll be cheaper in the long run.