My verizon application update stalled...

Dabitz

Reaction score
In Market, the update for this app is stalled. It shows is downloaded but won't install. If you try to cancel it forecloses Market. I tried reboot and battery pull but once I go back to Market there it is again stalled. Any suggestions? I'm not rooted. Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In Market, the update for this app is stalled. It shows is downloaded but won't install. If you try to cancel it forecloses Market. I tried reboot and battery pull but once I go back to Market there it is again stalled. Any suggestions? I'm not rooted. Thanks.

Absolutely. Settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/Market. Clear out the cache and the data. I repeat, cache and data. Not just the cache.;)

Let us know how that worked for you.

OP
D

Dabitz

Reaction score
Oh thanks so much, it never occurred to me to clear data. You the best.

Jokerz

Reaction score
If Hook's suggestion doesn't work (which it probably will) lol, Then you should go to the market and press and HOLD the application that is downloading or updating and you will get a pop-up that will allow you to cancel the download and try again. I had the same thing happen to me and that is what fixed it. Good luck and I'm sure both of the solutions should work for you. Let us know how what happens.

OP
D

Dabitz

Reaction score
I had tried the long hold but Market would foreclose every time
I canceled. Clearing the data did the trick. Thanks again.

Horch it

Reaction score
It worked for me too, but for slow loading of android market...cleared data and cache and now market loads like a banchee. Thanks, hook!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The problems with having a phone that can do all this is the fact that it requires a little more maintenance. It's good idea to wipe your Market data every couple of weeks. :)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problems with having a phone that can do all this is the fact that it requires a little more maintenance. It's good idea to wipe your Market data every couple of weeks. :)

I agree with the "phone that can do all this" statement.

I tried downloading a zip from a website from my phone not too long ago. It got stuck in a download. First it would have taken an hour or longer to DL so I decided I didn't wanna go that route, so I tried stopping it, nothing. Restarted phone and as soon as it booted it started downloading again. So I went to the market and grabbed a free app and started the DL and the other one went away. Go figure.