My upgrade is available!

Grady

Reaction score
So, my upgrade is available with Verizon as of now. I've had the Galaxy Nexus 32GB since it's release day and I've loved every minute of it - with the customization possibilities. Is there a phone out at the moment that's actually worth going to as far as screen size, RAM, storage space, etc? Or is there a phone on the horizon that I should hold out for?

Thanks!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may find the Samsung s4 to your liking if you were satisfied with the screen size before.
If you want a bigger screen and more functionality the Note series is with taking a hard look at.
For me personally there's nothing in their lineup or pipeline that is worth giving up what I'd have to to get a new device. Plunk down a ton of money or give up my old plan. Neither suits me at this point to get anything in their current or near future lineup.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

S

SFGate

There are many to choose from. Read up on people's posts about their experiences, and go check them out at the store for yourself. You are bound to find one that is good for your needs. Good luck with your choice.

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm having a hard time justifying giving up my GNex. I do like the screen size of the GNex. I think the Note series are good phones but they're just took big for me. They're 5", right? It seems like it's a bad time for phone upgrades at the moment.

jamjr74

Reaction score
The s4 is close in size to the gnex if u wanna go smaller look at the moto x.

Galaxy S4!!!

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
Actually, after looking at the Note 3, it might be worth moving to. Also, I've read how the Nexus 5 is coming out sometime soon (possibly October).

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Actually, after looking at the Note 3, it might be worth moving to. Also, I've read how the Nexus 5 is coming out sometime soon (possibly October).

But the million dollar question is would nexus 5 be on Verizon?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score

Ah, indeed...the million dollar question. I would certainly think/hope so!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The 2 million dollar question would be if they do get it will their support repeat the abysmal record they showed the first time around?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I went from the Gnex to the Note 2 and it's absolutely awesome. Couple day battery life and the development has been great (including unlocked bootloader). I bet if you were to sell the Gnex and buy a used N2 you could come out pretty well and save the unlimited data.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went from the Gnex to the Note 2 and it's absolutely awesome. Couple day battery life and the development has been great (including unlocked bootloader). I bet if you were to sell the Gnex and buy a used N2 you could come out pretty well and save the unlimited data.

Totally agree and they are $350-400ish on swappa.com

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score

+1 on the Note 3! I like the screen size and the peripherals that they are offering with the phone. I will be waiting for the early adopters to flesh out the details then get one toward the end of the year. If $$ is a consideration, I haven't heard anything but good news stories about the Note 2. I'm just looking at the quad core (on the 2 or 3) and drooling!!

Last edited:

scott craft

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting the LG G2. My wife has the Note 2 and I really like it, but as nice as the Note 3 appears to be the size would be a bit much in certain situations.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I got to mess with the Note 3 yesterday thanks to my Samsung rep, and I am thoroughly impressed by it. A d that's saying a lot since I'm not hugely into Samsung.

NOVICE

Reaction score
I can understand that the Note series is too big for some people. I honestly get that.

That being understood, the thought of comparing a Note 2 or 3 to a Galaxy Nexus is bizarre.

The Note is extraordinary in every way from battery, radios, features, processing speed, etc.

You can flash ROMS on the GNexus. That's it.