My texts aren't sending.. wait, yes they are?

sonik

Reaction score
Recently over the past few days it "appears" ghosts steal my text messages before they send. I type them out, add Smileys and even an 'lol' now and then. But when I press 'send', they disappear into the abyss. No record of twenty percent of what what I send goes to the conversation window. At first I thought they simply weren't sending, upsetting enough but then I started getting replies.. to messages that I thought had just disappeared when i pressed send. Indeed the messages are showing up on others' phones. Is this a known problem with the most current messaging app? I've searched the interwebs for a fix but no dice. Anyone else having this problem? It seems intermittent and i've yet to reproduce it purposefully.

AmishButcher

Reaction score
Sorry, 0 issues here like what your describing. Only text related issue I have is having to hit DONE then SEND in landscape...should just be SEND, ha.

OP
S

sonik

Reaction score
Dangit! This is really starting to annoy me.. soon enough the girlfriend's going to combine this and my bad memory into a "But, honey you texted that you would ....." I did? lol No one else seems to be having this issue across the interwebs so my bet is it's something specific to what I've installed.. Fortunately I've only added a few apps thus far, may try removing them to see if I can pinpoint the culprit.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That's funny sonic...and true. Your gf will be able to claim anything she wants. You may be right about it being a conflict with some app. Try going to your text messaging app in settings and clear cache/clear data... see if that helps (backup your text messages with an app like SMS backup & restore first in case clearing data erases them).

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome sonic... you haven't had anything like dizziness or bright flashing lights have you? I'm semi serious here ..

Also, has anybody had your phone for any amount of time without you present? Spyware app.. or something...?

Are you using any third party apps for texting or as a launcher?

OP
S

sonik

Reaction score
No dizziness or hallucinations (that i'm aware of o.0)

No one else has laid a hand on my phone either.. I'm still leaning toward a conflict or possibly malicious app. Current 3rd party apps I have installed are:

Dominos (Um, no description necessary..)
Electronic Pickpocket (nfc test app, nfc & vib perms only)
Fast for Facebook (xda source, seems legit(
Motion Camera (uninstalled, too many perms for a cam app!)
My Data Manager (seems legit, uninstalling in light of oem apps)
Permission Friendly Apps (No Perms! Everyone should install this one!)
Phonalyzer (an old and trusted by me app)
Redbox (uh... it's redbox)
Share Switcher (tether toggle widget.. A few perms.. hm)
Speed Test (speedtest.net's bandwidth app, reputable?)
Stopwatch & Timer (may uninstall in light of unnecessary perms)
Weather bug (reputable I've always assumed)
Wells Fargo (better be reputable dammit!?)

That's it, just the basics for now. Has happened a few times since the original post. Three texts in a row, first two disappeared after sending the third appeared in the thread view fine. Better half got all 3. Idk..