My RAZR Maxx keeps restarting

Johnny18

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning and noticed that my phone was in the startup process and thought that was wierd. It turns on and has no service. After about 40 seconds, the phone turns off and restarts itself. This has been happening all morning. The phone is not overheating because it feels cold.

I turned the phone off for an hour and turned it back on to see if it would fix itself. After about 40 seconds, its starts the reboot process. :angry:

Any idea what the problem is?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning and noticed that my phone was in the startup process and thought that was wierd. It turns on and has no service. After about 40 seconds, the phone turns off and restarts itself. This has been happening all morning. The phone is not overheating because it feels cold.

I turned the phone off for an hour and turned it back on to see if it would fix itself. After about 40 seconds, its starts the reboot process. :angry:

Any idea what the problem is?
Sounds like you have a misbehaving app. Have you downloaded and installed a new app(s) lately? If so uninstall them and see if that doesn't stop the repeated reboots. If the answer is no, then do a factory reset and see if that solves the problem. Apps can get "corrupted" and cause the problem you're experiencing. Most of the time if you can't identify the app causing the problem the best solution is a factory reset.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Any recent drops or exposure to moisture, water or high humidity?

Also, try removing the SD Memory card and see if that helps.

David

OP
J

Johnny18

Reaction score
No I haven't had any problems with any of that. I woke up this morning with all of these problems. Never dropped it or caused any harm to it.

I tried to factory reset it and after I select the language to continue, it just stays in a loading screen. I think there is something wrong with my antenna or however it connects to the mobile network. I'll be heading into the Verizon store tomorrow.

timten

Reaction score
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Did you find anything out?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you tried removing your SD card and tried a factory data reset???

Might also try removing the sim card while powered off...power on, power off..reinsert the sim. Power on.
ROOTIMIZED!!!