"My Plans" App Idea.

kinggilley

Reaction score
This a social app in which people can search for places to go using local category searches (restaurants, bars, theaters, etc.) Once they find where they want to go they can select it and enter in what time they are headed there, and even the duration they might be staying there.

This information will be updated on all their social networking sites (if they so choose), with a link to the location they are going which can be clicked on for further information and directions to that place, so even people without the app can join you.

In the My Plans app you can see a list of all the places your friends are planning to go. You filter the list in different ways so like the most popular place among your friends will appear first, or have your favorite friends appear first, or even have the most popular spot based on total number of people going there (friend or not).

When you click on a place it will show a list of all the people who are planning to go there that night, how many of them are your friends, and even how many people per hour, so you can plan your arrival time accordingly. There can also be more detailed information like phone numbers, hours, menus, specials, events, people capacity, cover price, etc. You can click on directions to get your google turn by turn directions. Also if the place you are going is not in the app, you can add it. You can start off by simply entering the name and address, and any other information you have at the time. Then when you visit the place you can locate it using the gps and enter any other information you learn, and even load pictures of the menu or specials that you have scanned in with your photo scanner .

This allows the app to continue to grow as businesses emerge and increase in popularity. You can also create your own events like birthday parties or weddings and add your own personal touches to it.

You can also set more than one event for that day, but you will need to set times for each event because you cant be in more than one place at a time.

I think this would be an extremely useful app, and I know I would use it.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I really don't see the point.... Don't people already do this with Twitter and Google Buzz?
Why would you wanna tell the whole world where you're going to be and for how long? Seems to be it's a stalker-friendly app

Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
OP
K

kinggilley

Reaction score
The point is it will show how many people in the world are headed to that place that night, so you can see where the hots spots are going to be or avoid the crowds.

You would be able to choose if you want your plan to be public or not. With this you can choose to just let your friends see where you are going or just certain friends. To everyone else you will simply be a number added to the place you are headed.

I am not a designer, so I don't know what is feasible but would love to talk to someone who is interested in created it.