My phone won't ring!

whomajigi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been lurking here since I got my HTC Incredible back in December. You seem to have a good idea of what is going on so I'm hoping I can get some help!

So. My phone decided it wanted to start screening my calls. For two people (my parents), the phone just doesn't ring. I have had my parents call me and the phone has been in my hand and it doesn't do ANYTHING. It won't even tell me I had a missed call until 2-3 minutes after the fact. Sometimes it'll just go straight to voicemail.

I have had other people call me in the same places. I have tried the phone on vibrate, silent, in my hand and on another surface and with default/custom ringtones. Every scenario works.

So it appears it is just these two people. I have tried changing their ringtones, removing them from the favorite list, confirming they're not set to go straight to voicemail, etc.

I don't know what to do! I live 600 miles from my parents, it'd be nice to be able to hear when they call. Any suggestions?

My phone is rooted.
So far, the only numbers that don't ring are listed as favorites. However, my husband is also on there and my phone rings when he calls me.