My phone will not vibrate notifacations in vibrate mode

orangedeath

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3
Hi everyone, I encountered a problem today with my Galaxy S3 and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me.

All of sudden today my Android device stopped vibrating on text message notifications when it was in vibrate mode. When I have my phone with volume turned on, it vibrates like normal when I receive a text or a call and I can adjust the slider accordingly if I use the volume keys and hit the little gear that comes up on the screen. But if I begin turning my volume down to the point where my phone goes into vibrate mode(or silent mode) my sliders for "notifications" and "system" immediately become locked at zero and the logos for them have a slash through them.

I have no idea why this is happening or how I can fix this. I've tried everything from restarting my device to removing recently installed apps and I have completely run out of ideas.

Thanks for the help

OP
O

orangedeath

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3
On Saturday night I received an update, the problem was there before the update and has persisted after the update. The sliders still stay greyed out on "vibrate" and "silent" mode for some odd reason.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Do you have Samsung Kies on your computer? Make a backup, factory reset your phone, and then restore from your backup.