My phone has a mole

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of "unknown" callers for about a year now. On more than one occasion, it's been at the most inconvenient times. Like when I'm in the middle of a web search or something. I've often thought it was odd that it almost always happened when I was actually using the device.

Today, it was super obvious. I hadn't touched my phone since I unplugged it from the charger when I got up. Four hours later, I unlocked the screen to send a text and within 30 seconds, I get an "unknown" call. It's got to be something talking to an outside source, telling it that the phone is awake.

Is there any way that I can prove that and find the culprit?

Thanks.

alexapps2571

Reaction score
Could be a virus like malware or something, is your device rooted? Also maybe trying a factory reset would help.

Author of Crucial Android Blog
Android App Developer

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Could be a virus like malware or something, is your device rooted? Also maybe trying a factory reset would help.

Android App Developer

Yes. It's rooted. HTC One M9 running android 6.0 with ViperOne 4.3.0.

I agree that a reset will likely be the solution but I'd like to try to find the offender first so that I don't download / install it again.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I get the "my area code and first 3 digit, including my actual phone number", random calls usually about 10 minutes after I'm done making a legitimate phone call.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I get the "my area code and first 3 digit, including my actual phone number", random calls usually about 10 minutes after I'm done making a legitimate phone call.

Yeah. I get a lot of those too. So does my wife.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Try disabling one of your apps per day. Might take awhile. But I'm sure you'll find the offender

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

alexapps2571

Reaction score
I rooted my device, and then started to get calls from a number, the first 4 digits stayed the same, but last 4 changed everytime, and after I untooted they stopped, I tried a while to find the culprit but failed.
Me: 0
Samsung: 1

Android App Developer