Why so many telemarketing calls!?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
GV is great for dealing with them. I just block them and from then on they get the "number no longer in service" message.

Will that work if they are direct calling a number that is one of the numbers GV forwards to, or do they have to be calling the GV number directly for that to work?

Technoman

Reaction score
VZW WILL 'sell'/provide your number to it's partners and other marketers. You can disable that under your account settings ("view/edit CPNI settings" found under "My Profile" page).

Thanks. I would have NEVER found that.

I don't find an option for "CPNI Settings" anywhere on my account settings under My profile.

Can you provide more detail?

tenguns

Reaction score
I'm getting a bunch of calls - and some very stubborn folks on the line I need to get rid of.

My vote would be for an app that will let me enter a command directly into the phone when I can't get someone to take me off their call list. This would instantly forward the call live to another number. Like a phone SPAM filter. So when I get a call from someone that just doesn't like the NO word - I can send them to my fax machine for a little tone treatment or something? The phone would automatically emit a fax screatch, chalkboard... something to make them think twice about calling again. Anything in the market like that? How about call forwarding to the Do Not Call List compaint line? :)