My phone died.

MikeS1971

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
After five months, my phone died.

Yesterday I was on the eBay app checking stuff out and my phone froze. I couldn't scroll and the "buttons" at the bottom of the screen were unresponsive. So I figured it just crashed, I was about to hit the power button to reboot it when the screen went black. At first I wasn't sure if the screen timed out or if the phone turned off. I briefly pushed the power button and nothing happened. Pressed it a little longer and still nothing. Then I pressed it for a little longer and the phone began to vibrate. I thought cool, it's coming back to life. Nope. It just sat there and vibrated constantly for about a minute. Then it stopped and after 30 seconds the LG and powered by Android logos came up. I thought again that the phone was coming back. Nope. The screen turned off and that was it. After that I was never able to get any type of life out of the phone.

Went to my local Verizon store where they messed with it a while and they couldn't get it to do anything either. So they ordered me a replacement which should be delivered today.

My confidence level with the G4 isn't very high. Luckily I still had my previous phone, a Note 2 that I could use. And ironically, I prefer it. I'm considering just selling the G4. It's not a terrible phone, I just seem to like my old Note 2 better. It actually seems to run smoother.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
After five months, my phone died.

Yesterday I was on the eBay app checking stuff out and my phone froze. I couldn't scroll and the "buttons" at the bottom of the screen were unresponsive. So I figured it just crashed, I was about to hit the power button to reboot it when the screen went black. At first I wasn't sure if the screen timed out or if the phone turned off. I briefly pushed the power button and nothing happened. Pressed it a little longer and still nothing. Then I pressed it for a little longer and the phone began to vibrate. I thought cool, it's coming back to life. Nope. It just sat there and vibrated constantly for about a minute. Then it stopped and after 30 seconds the LG and powered by Android logos came up. I thought again that the phone was coming back. Nope. The screen turned off and that was it. After that I was never able to get any type of life out of the phone.

Went to my local Verizon store where they messed with it a while and they couldn't get it to do anything either. So they ordered me a replacement which should be delivered today.

My confidence level with the G4 isn't very high. Luckily I still had my previous phone, a Note 2 that I could use. And ironically, I prefer it. I'm considering just selling the G4. It's not a terrible phone, I just seem to like my old Note 2 better. It actually seems to run smoother.
That's too bad about your 4 month old g4.. I got a g4 to check it out..I owned a g2 and a g3...and I couldn't get myself to like the g4. I will say I'm a self confessed moto droid head..but I'm having trouble liking even them right now ...

But back to your g4. The one I had for 4 hours did something similar..I was browsing a page with a lot of popups and then the thing just froze..I was able to hold power for 10 seconds(after a few tries) and get it to come back..but maybe you had a bad connection inside from manufacturing or something... Glad they got you a new one on the way..