My phone connects to my WIFI but the internet will still not work HELP!!

Master_J

Reaction score
My Phone model is HUAWEI-M860
WIFI
Status-connected
Speed-54mbps
Signal strength-Excellent
Security-WEP
IP address-192.168.0.102

My phone was working before this just started to happen after my friend brought his laptop over here after couple hours he left 3 hours later i decided to get on my phone and it will NOT WORK if even shows the name of the website and looks like it loading but the bar just stops and loads forever and ever and ever until it says "Web page at something.com might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address" im not the sharpest tool in the shed for this kind of stuff which is why im asking you people to help

wcjeep

Reaction score
Sounds like a setting was changed in the router. He might've been "helping you".

jaye712

Reaction score
I know about this topic pretty well..all u gotta do is google the ip address of your router (example :belkin) its not words your looking for..the links are numbers..when u find that,it should pull up your router information automatically..ull find what u need in there...or..u can do a fdr n start from scratch..push ur security button on your router,have ur phone by u while connecting on ur phone, then push that security button(@the same time if u have too)saves time instead of trying to find the passcode(if he did change something by accident )..hope this helps

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

jaye712

Reaction score
jaye712 said:
I know about this topic pretty well..all u gotta do is google the ip address of your router (example :belkin) its not words your looking for..the links are numbers..when u find that,it should pull up your router information automatically..ull find what u need in there...or..u can do a fdr n start from scratch..push ur security button on your router,have ur phone by u while connecting on ur phone, then push that security button(@the same time if u have too)saves time instead of trying to find the passcode(if he did change something by accident )..hope this helps

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

Btw.it mite be with ur cable internet provider..and it can be that the internet in the area is dwn

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

dw1256

Reaction score
My Phone model is HUAWEI-M860
WIFI
Status-connected
Speed-54mbps
Signal strength-Excellent
Security-WEP
IP address-192.168.0.102

My phone was working before this just started to happen after my friend brought his laptop over here after couple hours he left 3 hours later i decided to get on my phone and it will NOT WORK if even shows the name of the website and looks like it loading but the bar just stops and loads forever and ever and ever until it says "Web page at something.com might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address" im not the sharpest tool in the shed for this kind of stuff which is why im asking you people to help

I have had a similar issue with my HTC Rezound. When I turn my phone on in the morning, my interent behaves the same way as you describe. It shows that I am connected to my router, but nothing will work.

I have found a temporary solution. I go to settings and turn the wifi off and then back on. Once it comes back on and connect to my router, internet works again. Not sure why, but good enough for now.