My Mac Book Stopped Recognizing My Incredible

dasched

Reaction score
It just won't show up or appear at all. It will charge, but the hard drive will not show up. It had been acting erratically prior to completely disappearing. So yes, it USED to show up and I USED to have no problem moving around files, putting music, photos, etc on my computer from my phone and vice versa.

For a while, it appeared to be recognizing the camera (at least loading some separate camera-recognizing software on my computer) but not the hard drive itself (ie, not showing the drives in the Finder dock).

So yes, I have debugging on, yes, I have it send to Drive and not charge only.

What's wrong? Why did my computer suddenly stop recognizing my Incredible?

My Incredible is about a year and a half old at this point, I have Android 2.2 and my OS is Leopard.

Thank you for your help.

wasatch

Reaction score
I have the same problem. One difference, I have upgraded to Lion. When I plug my phone in I get the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." I used to just click "Ignore" but that seems to make no difference now. My phone no longer asks me what I want to do (i.e., disk, charge, sync...). I have everything setup correctly: USB Debugging, Disk Drive, Ask me. The cable I am using is new and has been previously used to connect my phone as a disk drive.

What gives, I am still on 2.2 so no upgrade to phone that might have changed something.