My Library in gallery force closing.

Willheis

Reaction score
Does anyone know what would make My Library crash? When I go to My Gallery and then my library the app force closes. Everything was working just fine a few hours ago, and now I can't even view any of my pictures. Has anyone else had this problem before?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have you tried a hard reset? With the phone on, hold down the power button and the volume down button for 10 seconds until the phone reboots.

Are you rooted? Did you freeze or delete any APPS?

Also can try to go into Settings>Applications>ALL>then down to My Gallery and clear the data and Force Stop it.

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
I am not rooted. I'll give the hard reset a try. Will clearing all the data from the gallery erase all of my pictures?

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset? With the phone on, hold down the power button and the volume down button for 10 seconds until the phone reboots.

Are you rooted? Did you freeze or delete any APPS?

Also can try to go into Settings>Applications>ALL>then down to My Gallery and clear the data and Force Stop it.

It worked! Thanks :D

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Awesome glad it worked for you. And for future reference no clearing the data won't delete your pictures.

ginanotes

Reaction score
gallery forces close

Mine keeps doing the same thing. I've never seen it open the library.

DocsDad

Reaction score
I had this issue pop up last night. Very frustrating. I did a search on droid forums and found several threads for this problem Thanks to droid forums I got it figured out.

I tried everything though. I deleted new apps, hard resets, clearing data...on and on. I did not replace the gallery with a 3rd party app because that is a workaround and does not solve the issue. I saw in one thread that there were rogue empty picture files that might cause the problem. Sure enough. When using the stock file manager I found an image file that contained nothing. Once deleted, my gallery problem was cured.

Hope others find this useful.

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Mine srarted this.after.the ICS which i hate... if.i.do.hard reset, will it lose.anything?
thanks..

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Download Quickpic from the Market. It's free, and much better than the stock app. :)