My LG Vortex review

SCTelephoneMan

Reaction score
Got my LG Vortex today. I got in on the Black Friday special, paying nothing for the phone with new agreement. All I paid for was saturday fedex shipping.

For the price, (zero) this is a good buy. Some quick pros and cons:

Pros:

-Good quality sound. Call quality is good.
-Feels solid in your hand. Very solid construction. Doesn't feel like an entry-level model.
-Very snappy. Don't let the 600mhz processor scare you off. Runs Angry Birds very smoothly. Web browsing is quick.
-2.2 Froyo

Cons:
-Plastic screen. If your finger has any moisture or foreign substance on it, it won't glide across the screen.
-"Facebook for LG" is very buggy. Kept giving an error.
-Bing and other assorted Verizon spam all over the phone. Doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it.
-Charging port is in the bottom of the phone. Forget using the phone in landscape orientation while its charging.
-Camera has no flash
-No Adobe Flash support
-No FM radio, unlike the other LG Optimus phones in this series

Biggest con so far? The proximity sensor is very wonky. And there doesn't seem to be a way to lock the orientation. It's all over the place and sometimes doesn't turn back.

Still, all in all, for the money? A solid entry into the lower end Android lineup. Overall score: 8 out of 10

ceboykin86

Reaction score
Hi I got mine about the same way. It was the Black friday special (free with 2 year contract) though in store they offered a free Jawbone bluetooth headset with it too which retails for $99.

Anyway I might be able to help you with your screen orientation prob. Go too the settings > display > Auto rotate screen. If you uncheck that then it will stay in portrait mode. Don't ask me how too force it into landscape mode though I have no clue. Though loading something that is landscape only will still open like normal.

Question for you though do you have to sometimes give yours a shake to make it switch orientation sometimes?

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

Darryl61

Reaction score
I am now on my THIRD LG Vortex (original purchase + TWO replacements from Verizon)! This time, I am getting a message saying that the phone memory is low. I have 75 listings in the Contacts area. I have deleted all extra Apps that I installed. This this is driving me crazy!! My first two phones wouldn't hook up to my car's Bluetooth connection. And now, this problem. LG sent a replacement SD card as they told me that was the problem. But it makes no difference. Anyone have any ideas that would help?? THANKS!!