My Intro.

msharp7728

Reaction score
Hey all,

So new to this and hopefully I can get some much needed help. Recently did a boo boo on my phone. Meaning rooted it, I'm no expert when it comes to phones but good at following directions. So I followed a link on rooting my HTC Incredible 2. Got it done. (clockwork, superuser,rom manager, titanium backup) well decided to delete apps that I wasn't really using or thought I wasn't using. Some how I deleted my market. Don't know how it happened but it did. All I could do was click on it, it would ask for me to sign in and then close. Figured well I'll download an apk file for it and that would work. NOPE, not at all. So thought if I youtubed how to install a custom rom (cyangoen 7) it would have market and everything would be fine. Heck no. Now all I have after attempting a factory reset by holding the volume down and power button going to wipe data/factory reset, then wipe all user data it would work. Nope. Still doing same thing still got cyangoen 7 and no market. Even pulled battery and went through it all again. Still nothing. Phone works just no market and no contacts saved. Still has SU on it thou. That could be a plus. But anyways HELP PLEASE...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is the market still listed in manage applications? If so try clearing data and cache...

If not try moving the apk you downloaded to system/apps. You're going to have to use root explorer (gives you file exploring at the root of the phone) or a similar file explorer.

*****Did you make a nandroid backup after getting root, before changing anything? If so simply restore that backup and start over. (A backup is the most important process of rooting & should never be skipped)

----posted maxx'ed out----

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!! Hope you find resolution to your issue!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Sorry you are having issues but when you flashed CM7 did you flash the GAPPS (Google apps) file as well? If you did not then that is why you do not have the market.