My droid is different.

ilove

Reaction score
I got my droid a couple months ago and i never noticed anything wrong with it until i saw my friends droid. IT IS SO DIFFERENT FROM MINE. On her droid when you press an app or anything it basically makes this nice clicking sound. When she presses apps the sort of smoothly come in with a sort of powerpoint effect and her camera is always working.

On MY droid none of these things happen and my camera is often being difficult is this a different version or is my droid different from everyone else's?
Help !

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I Actually noticed the same thing. At first I just thought I didn't remember from when I unboxed it, but totally agree.

pinesal

Reaction score
I got my droid a couple months ago and i never noticed anything wrong with it until i saw my friends droid. IT IS SO DIFFERENT FROM MINE. On her droid when you press an app or anything it basically makes this nice clicking sound. When she presses apps the sort of smoothly come in with a sort of powerpoint effect and her camera is always working.

On MY droid none of these things happen and my camera is often being difficult is this a different version or is my droid different from everyone else's?
Help !

You droid is not different. These are options you can set in the settings.

ShowTime

Reaction score
What do you mean by, your camera "is being difficult"?

And as for the click sound when clicking things on the homescreen, as pinesal said, it's an easily changed setting. Got to menu > settings > sound and display > and select Audible Selection.

OP
I

ilove

Reaction score
Thank You!! for the sound but what about the way the applications come up?

Oh even when my camera is in focus it will make those beeping sounds and not take the picture.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank You!! for the sound but what about the way the applications come up?
Could be that she's using a different launcher or something. Everyone's Droid is different. That's the point IMO.

Guchi

Reaction score
Menu display show all animations I think

Darkseider

Reaction score
It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.

Yeah... I know... slow day.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everyones Droid is different...hence the phrase "Custom Rom" and even if two people were on the same build running the same C/R...still they would be different, because no two people customize their Droids exactly the same...and that my friends is the beauty of Android

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.

Yeah... I know... slow day.

I don't know.....I'm thinking possible POTD.....;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys should see some of my "original" responses that I have to clean up.

I know exactly what you mean.