My Daughter Shoots!

Reaction score
Hi all, I wanted to let you know that I just started a new series entitled "My Daughter Shots!"

I would love for you guys to check it out and leave a comment to let me know of any tips or advice that could help me to teach my daughter better. As I am still so new to firearms and not knowing much myself. So please, go check it out and share it with your friends.

I posted this on another forum that I am a member of so I am hoping to gain some great advice.

Thanks. :)

Here's the link:
[video=youtube_share;-Lo7qKRX4Yg]http://youtu.be/-Lo7qKRX4Yg[/video]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I do not own a firearm or really practice it, but I have gone a few times to the range with family and friends. I know there are classes available on proper firearm control and all that, so maybe you can enlist both you and your daughter.

edit: She seems to be a pretty good shot though. Or is that video trickery? :p

SystemCrash

Reaction score
It's very thoughtful of you to make your daughter very courageous but in another hand it's may lead to bad consequences.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
She seems to want to lean slightly into the shots at the hips. Posture and proper center of gravity (i.e. weight distributed over the common focal point at the ground between her feet, the apex of the pyramid), will allow her to maintain a proper pyramid stance, not "tip" forward as she is sighting and firing, and will increase her target rate. Her feet should be a slight bit farther apart with the same foot that is under her dominant hand slightly forward (i.e. right handed, right foot slightly forward), dominant foot pointing more toward the target, other foot pointed slightly outward, and her knees should be slightly bent, rather than locked into rigid vertical position. With feet further apart, she gets a more stable platform and side to side swaying is reduced keeping shots more accurate on the vertical plane. With the knees bent slightly, they will "give" a little bit and allow for some forward to backward swaying, keeping shots straight on the horizontal plane.

Standing in an lean-in position places the greatest portion of her body weight forward of the stance point and throws her off balance. This results in arms dropping and head-forward shooting. Head-forward shooting means her eyes are looking out of the tops of the sockets rather than dead center. This changes the dynamics of the eye muscles, disrupts the stereoscopic image and changes the depth perception, so things appear to be farther away than they are in reality. This then reduces the precision from left to right.

When shooting, she should avoid scrunching her shoulders, instead keeping them up and forward, so as to align her eyes along the same or close to the same vertical plane as her arms and the sight. She should be extending her arms in a near-locked position. This will allow the recoil to essentially use the shoulders and elbows as shock absorbers, forcing them backwards, rather than forcing the gun upward. This will reduce muzzle rise. She should maintain a square stance to the target, both shoulders and hips, for greatest rotational control.

There's lots of really excellent videos on Youtube, for instance Todd Jarrett has a number of excellent short training clips.

[video=youtube;ysa50-plo48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa50-plo48[/video]