My D3 still has 3 home screens, tray goes up and down

hitdog042

Reaction score
So the one in the store I demo'd had 5 home screens, and the tray went left to right.

The one that was delivered today still has 3 home screens, and the tray goes up and down like the older droids.

No s/w update avail when I try that. Says I am on 2.3.4 but it appears mine has the older blur on it?

Anyone else have this issue? Also, the phone runs very hot and the camera still takes pretty bad pics.

Very frustrating

Big D

Reaction score
Sounds like you have Launcher Pro on there. Go to: system>>applications>>manage apps and look for Launcher Pro.

If you uninstall that, you'll get the Motoblur interface.

OP
H

hitdog042

Reaction score
Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot?

That is bizarre.

I know right? I don't know if I should call the idiots at VZW and sit on the phone while some clueless person has no idea what I'm complaining about or just send it back and re-order another one.

the camera on mine also sucks. The one in store took great pics... no clue what is going on there.. they are all very blurry, and these are outdoor shots.

Typical luck on my part.. I get the one messed up phone out of the bunch.

OP
H

hitdog042

Reaction score
Sounds like you have Launcher Pro on there. Go to: system>>applications>>manage apps and look for Launcher Pro.

If you uninstall that, you'll get the Motoblur interface.

hmmm. I've been using an iphone for the last 6 months. Maybe I had launcher pro on my old X and it restored..

And as I type this, I looked and sure enough, launcher pro is in there.

You are a genius my friend, many thanks!!

Reaction score
So you got a brand new phone with a third party launcher on it. Sounds like someone was in your new phone before you were.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

geobernd

Reaction score
Sounds to me like it restored... If you have your Google Account setup to Backup/Restore Apps they should all (or most if some are not compatible) restore automatically...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^That.

That also why the very first boot of a new Android phone if you already had an Android phone or a factory reset the phone is usually sluggish. It could be restoring apps. And apps you got from the market on the old phone might be restoring.

slotz65

Reaction score
Bad Camera

Call and have them send you another one. Mine had the same prob. Took to verizon store, and the guy sent me another one. I can't remember how to add home screens to my phone though. I feel stupid, any help?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have another one on the way after VZW rep yesterday told me the new stock that they have does not have the blue tint in pictures. He actually snapped a few and sent them to me as I sent comparisons back. We will see if this is true or not. But mine is having obvious problems and factory reset didn't help.

OP....did you try factory reset yet?

slotz65

Reaction score
wont the factory reset mess up all of the other settings (sounds notifications, etc.) That took me hours to set up?

slotz65

Reaction score
Won't the factory reset take everything back to default? I'd rather not do that unless there aren't any other options. I have a lot of different notifications so I can tell who at work is calling me. I like to ignore the most annoying people at night and on the weekends.

slotz65

Reaction score
OK, now I've really messed something up. I am getting an error message when I try to play any music. I deleted some pictures from my SD card, and think I might have messed up something.

slotz65

Reaction score
My phone is telling me that it doesn't support that type of file when I try to play music. Any help? I wonder if I accidentally uninstalled my music file. Can I get a system file back if I accidentally uninstalled it?

digipoo

Reaction score
The issue you are having with the inability to play media files, have you tried to restart the phone (power off and then power on)? If that does not work try downloading another music app such as google music and try again. If that does not work you will need to restore to factory.