"My Contacts" birthdays in calendar

uvmneuro

Reaction score
Is there currently any way to get Contacts' birthdays to show up in the calendar? I've found instructions in several forums, but they are all in relation to google contacts. I want to know if there's a way to get my DROID X's contacts to show up in the DROID X's calendar... Thanks!

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I have been struggling with this problem on my Droid (1) and finally figured out how to do it. Hopefully if someone is searching for a solution, they will find it here. When I added a birthday to an existing contact in Gmail on my PC, it would show up on the calendar on the PC but not on the Droid's calendar. Here's how to get it sync'd. Open Calendar, go to the Menu, hit More, hit Calendars, select Contacts Birthdays and..., tap twice until it reads not syncd, not visible. THEN HIT OK AND GO BACK TO THE CALENDAR. Then go to the menu, hit More, hit Calendar, select Contacts Birthdays and.., tap until it shows syncd and visible, HIT OK. Now the birthday you entered for an existing contact should show up as soon as it syncs.

OP
U

uvmneuro

Reaction score
Nice explanation, but you missed the point of the question. The process that you explained is available online in several places, and deala with gmail contacts. This thread is inquiring about phone contacts' birthdays.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
But you missed the point of my posting to this thread. You asked the original question back on July 26, 2010, and no one has answered it. When I tried to find a solution to my particular problem, I Googled "birthdays calendar contacts Droid" and came up with this thread. It didn't solve my problem but when I eventually figured it out, I thought I would post the solution where someone doing the same kind of search would find it. Time-wise, your original post is dead, if no one has answered it in a day or so after you posted it. But the information I added might serve to help others looking for a solution to the contacts-birthday problem.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's keep this friendly in here...as long as the thread stays "on topic" which it is, then there should be no problems :)

sarreq

Reaction score
technically, unless you used a different account for your phone than what you do on your computer (I don't see why you would), your droid contacts are part of your gmail contacts. there may be a way to fix it from your gmail on you computer, I'd guess by adding your droid contacts to another group which Calendar is able to take advantage of. or maybe there's a way to get Calendar to use the droid group.

I say this all as "somehows" since I don't actually use Calendar, but I will try it out and post my findings.

update: OK, from your computer, make sure that you use the "Birthday" entry in your contacts, rather than putting the birthday in the contact's "Notes" field (it seems that's only available from GMail's contact manager). then go to Calendar > Calendar settings > Calendars > Browse interesting calendars > More and subscribe to "Contacts' Birthdays and Events" (and any others you may want). Next, on your phone, goto Calendar > More > Calendars. If you only see your default calendar tap 3 times to get it to re-sync, that should get the subscriptions to pop up. hit OK and give it a minute or three.

you'll now see your contact birthdays on the daily and weekly views, but I can't seem to get it to work on the monthly view.

update2: hrm, it was working for 2 minutes. I'm gonna have to guess there's something wrong with the account sync or (more likely) the Calendar app.

update3: OK, it's definitely the stock calendar app. I've just tried the Touch Calendar beta (very much recommendable, actually), and it shows everything just fine.

Last edited:

Rosepetal

Reaction score
Thanks for your information I just recently purchased a driod 2 and couldn't figure this out. It was a big help :)