My Concerns

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I bought the OG Droid on day 1 so I'm ready to upgrade. After looking at the Droid Bionic it seems like a great device. I'm a little disappointed by the ram of course (I know it's DDR2 and I also know that the other 512 in the Atrix is because of the dock, the ram in the Atrix also disappoints me). I wanted 4" but .3 difference isn't gonna kill me and it's nice that they upped the pixels. However, the main thing I worry about (other than the ram) is the OS upgrades. Yes, I know that Motorola has pretty much done the best of any manufacturer at getting updates out or is at least tied for the best but here's my problem. This phone is coming out, probably around April, with Froyo although GB is already out. No biggie, because they'll probably upgrade it in the next 3 months. However, Ice Cream Sandwich will probably be announced at Google I/O which is May 10-11. So as soon as we're getting GB (hopefully by July), Ice Cream Sandwich will probably be ready to go. So once again, we're caught envying the new OS. I used to think that Google updating the OS so quickly was no big deal because I could just update without waiting for the manufacturers. However, now that more and more companies are locking their phones down, we actually must wait, plus you never know if your phone is going to get the update at all. More than likely Moto will be releasing new phones towards the holiday season that will be released with the new OS or that are at least higher on their priority list. Just curious if this bothers anyone else or if they think it'll be a non factor?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
After Froyo every update, as long as it doesnt break something from the previous version, is just icing on the cake. There was a big difference on my Droid 1 going from 2.1 to 2.2.

I know later OS updates should offer improvements and features, but if you have a phone thats on Froyo now you should be more than satisfied. As long as Froyo didnt make things worse for your phone.....lol

Even if your phone isnt on Froyo and it runs n works good, just be happy it works. Most of us on here and other Android related forums are more aware of updates so this might bother some ppl on here. But like I said, if it works fine, with whatever OS its running, be happy it works.

OP
J

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I've actually been running GB and it's much more smooth than Froyo in my opinion. I'm happy it works and all; but the iPhone works, the Fascinate works, heck, even Sony Ericsson phones work. If it didn't work then I wouldn't buy it. It's supposed to work. Right now it might be icing on the cake, but look at Honeycomb. Ice Cream Sandwich could be an overhaul for the phone and that would be something that I wouldn't want to miss. I can see where you're coming from though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk