my battery died

asfghjkl3

Reaction score
Hello!!! This morning I received a Samsung galaxy mini 2 . I was very excited so I started using it right away,without checking the "quick start guide".
I downloaded a full menu page of apps,and started using them,until it freezed. After some minutes of waiting for it to come back to normal,I took the battery out and put it in again. Then,it told me the battery was low,so I plugged the charger in. It didn't work. Anyway,I'm afraid the charger was in when I took out the battery,but I'm not sure.
I waited for it to charge,but the phone kept telling me to plug the charger in. In the end ,it died and didn't open again.
Then I finally read the guide book and found out that the device should have been charged before its first use.
What should I do? I'm so worried!!!!! Is there any chance that it will work normally again??? Please answer !!!!!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Answer, maybe. Plug it into a running PC for 5+ hours then long press the power button. That trickle charge may wake it up.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. I would return the device but I might not divulge what you did (in this case didn't) do. Good luck. DancingNexus

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome to the site. I would return the device but I might not divulge what you did (in this case didn't) do. Good luck. DancingNexus

Well, as unethical as it may be, you probably do have a 14 day no questions return policy. Still recovery is an option I would try to exercise instead.

No permanent damage has been done to the battery or phone. The problem is that the battery has been discharged to below the levels necessary to both run the phone and charge the battery at the same time. The battery is calling for more current than the charger can provide while the phone is also using power, both fighting for the same power. It will take a slow charge if charged while powered off as the instructions tell you to.

I have made a name for myself on these forms for trying to promote good battery care habits and one of the first things I express is the need to fully charge a new phone to 100% before using it as clearly indicated in the owners manual. Unfortunately nearly everywhere you get one of these phones they never mention this and instead activate it at the store, hand it to you fully powered up and send you on your way.

Also unfortunate is the strong desire to play with it the moment you get it, and the fact that very few people actually ever read instructions anymore. The Quick Start Guide is the industry's attempt to circumvent the later. There should be a charging port on the exterior of the box and the dealers should have multiple charging stations where their inventory is stored to alleviate this issue. As an alternative it should come wrapped in a bright red paper sleeve which must be torn off and which shouts "CHARGE ME TO 100% BEFORE USING ME"

You should remove the battery, replace it, DO NOT POWER IT UP, but instead plug it into the charger and leave it undisturbed for at least several hours, preferably overnight.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard and hopefully you have been able to resolve your issue.