My afternoon at Verizon

Nice95gle

Reaction score
So I decided I'll get an X. I call Verizon to see if I'm eligible for an upgrade. Long Story short...rep on phone said yes you can upgrade.
So I go to my local Verizon store and they were sold out of course. Put my name on a wait list. Next day (today) I get a call informing me my droid X is here...Sweet. Run outta work and drove to the store to be informed I can't upgrade until Dec 28th (Damn you Verizon). I'm like WTF, anyway no worries.

The meat of this story comes as I'm leaving. I see one of the rep using a phone, at first glance I figure iphone. Them at a closer look I say no, too big. I asked is that the new samsung phone on Tmobile? No it's on verizon. Huh...which phone is that? oh it's the fascinate coming out in sept.

Wouldn't let me play with it tho. I was only able to look at it (give me a break. It's a phone people).

Anyway that is one beautiful (gorgeous) phone. That's one phone I may pay full retail for. I am wary of samsung phones because my GF Behold II is pure garbage.

So does anyone have any additional info on this phone other than the stuff flowing around the internet?

tekthebeast

Reaction score
Yeah that is in fact the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S, the Fascinate. It's coming out later in the year after everything has died down with the Droid 2 and Droid X. Maybe we will see a September or October launch date. But I suggest if you can wait, wait for it.

JFDroid

Reaction score
Samsung is HORRIBLE, I repeat, HORRIBLE, about OS upgrades. If you want a phone that will see Android 3.0 (Gingerbread) before December 2020, get anything other than a Samsung.

Great screen, decent UI/skin overlay, good processor, amazing GPU, terrible manufacturer/supporter for OS/firmware.

erikfig

Reaction score
Samsung is HORRIBLE, I repeat, HORRIBLE, about OS upgrades. If you want a phone that will see Android 3.0 (Gingerbread) before December 2020, get anything other than a Samsung.

Great screen, decent UI/skin overlay, good processor, amazing GPU, terrible manufacturer/supporter for OS/firmware.

Agree.. Sprint have the same phone with a different name, a friend at work just got it. The Screen resolution is crazy and the phone is light but but again, Horrible!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember, if a CS Rep in a call center offers you an early upgrade like the O.P. offer, that is usually only if you order from CS and not at a store. It is not surprising the store would not do this. Just an FYI to anyone reading this thread.

OP
N

Nice95gle

Reaction score
Remember, if a CS Rep in a call center offers you an early upgrade like the O.P. offer, that is usually only if you order from CS and not at a store. It is not surprising the store would not do this. Just an FYI to anyone reading this thread.

Thanks man

Yeah...I kinda figured that out as I was walking back to the car. Still...Damn Verizon :angry:

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I called that cs sales rep back in Dec and that was how I got my droid. they called, offering the droid which I wasn't sure I wanted to pay for at that time of year with christmas and two off my six kids having birthdays that month. I hung up with them and thought it over, researched Moto Droid for a couple days then called that number back and the rep who answered was happy to oblige. I was not due for upgrade till june 10.

I would give them a call back at the number they first called and offered it on, if you are sill interested...
may work out for you.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk Pro

OP
N

Nice95gle

Reaction score
I called that cs sales rep back in Dec and that was how I got my droid. they called, offering the droid which I wasn't sure I wanted to pay for at that time of year with christmas and two off my six kids having birthdays that month. I hung up with them and thought it over, researched Moto Droid for a couple days then called that number back and the rep who answered was happy to oblige. I was not due for upgrade till june 10.

I would give them a call back at the number they first called and offered it on, if you are sill interested...
may work out for you.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk Pro

I am kind of at that stage where I'm not sure I like it. I was going to give it a spin for the 30 days and decide from there.

I love the screen, I love the hotspot capability, I love the overall specs of the phone. I don't like the looks and I really don't like the 4 buttons at the base of the phone.

But that's just me, I'm sure it's a great phone. I'll make a decision once Verizon has them back in stock.

In the meantime I'm enjoying the original Droid more and more everyday. Bone stock at that. Just back to using Home++ now because LauncherPro was...well I'll leave it at that.

ffej89

Reaction score
I'm another one who dislikes the samsung phone quality. If you go to t-mo you can check out the Galaxy cuz they already have it out. It has an amazing display, the colors are awesome but the build quality is just not there. That and samsung has a bad update rep. Once you pay for the phone dont expect them to put out updates later for it.

T

tsitalon1

Is this a major concern knowing that most on this forum will root and upgrade to 3.0 anyway?

Reaction score
Just speaking in the case of Samsung and smartphones. I had an SCH-i760 before I got the Droid. This was a slide-out keyboard, bulky-sturdy Windows Mobile beauty that lasted me two and a half years without any problems at all.

The software I blame on M$ but the hardware was amazing.