Mutimedia Station - HDMI not working

jocahontas

Reaction score
Bought the Multimedia Station and love it. However I cannot get the HDMI to sync with my imac. Was instructed to plug it in and click on a picture and it would automatically appear on my imac screen. But nothing happens.

From all of the youtube videos I can find as soon as you click on a picture the droid x should turn into a "remote". Mine doesn't turn into a "remote" like it's supposed to. Tried it with my TV as well and nothing happened.

Do I need to install anything on my phone? Or configure anything on my imac? Or TV?

If none of the above am thinking either my HDMI port on my phone doesn't work, or the HDMI cord I received with the station is bad.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought the Multimedia Station and love it. However I cannot get the HDMI to sync with my imac. Was instructed to plug it in and click on a picture and it would automatically appear on my imac screen. But nothing happens.

From all of the youtube videos I can find as soon as you click on a picture the droid x should turn into a "remote". Mine doesn't turn into a "remote" like it's supposed to. Tried it with my TV as well and nothing happened.

Do I need to install anything on my phone? Or configure anything on my imac? Or TV?

If none of the above am thinking either my HDMI port on my phone doesn't work, or the HDMI cord I received with the station is bad.

When you play a video or pic, there should be a small option in the upper left or right corner that says HDMI - click that and see if that works.

OP
J

jocahontas

Reaction score
Duh! Can't believe I didn't see that (nor is it any instructions nor youtube videos that I found).

However still not working on my imac. It is on my TV.

When hooked up to imac the droid says "HDMI cable not connected".

Is there something in my imac settings I have to change?

Reaction score
Duh! Can't believe I didn't see that (nor is it any instructions nor youtube videos that I found).

However still not working on my imac. It is on my TV.

When hooked up to imac the droid says "HDMI cable not connected".

Is there something in my imac settings I have to change?

I'm not an Apple or Mac guy so I can't help you with that one.

OP
J

jocahontas

Reaction score
Still no luck with Mac, BUT... I just tried videos on my TV and they do not work. The "play" icon shows up but when I hit play on the phone it dissolves to the 1st frame of the next video. Just stills, no video. They play fine on the phone btw

Reaction score
Still no luck with Mac, BUT... I just tried videos on my TV and they do not work. The "play" icon shows up but when I hit play on the phone it dissolves to the 1st frame of the next video. Just stills, no video. They play fine on the phone btw

Are you remembering to tap the hdmi button in the upper right corner? If you don't then it won't work.

OP
J

jocahontas

Reaction score
Yes I am. The video is showing up on the tv as a freeze frame but when I hit play it slowly dissolves to the next video in freeze frame