Mute all except certain ppl app?

blwn327

Reaction score
Is there an app that i can mute all on my phone but only allow certain ppl that won't be muted if they call or txt? Thanx

Sent from my 43v3r ROOTED BADASS BIONIC!

Reaction score
Not sure if there is an app but you can set your default ringtone (if you are referring to calls only) to silent. Then go into contacts and set up each person you want to hear with a specific ringtone. For example if there are only five people you want to hear from go into each of their contact details and give them a ringtone ( they can all be different or give them all the same tone). The phone will ring when they call but not when others call.

If you want to easily turn the sounds on for all others just go into your sound setting and set your default tone to something else. You will know based on the ringtone if it is one of your preferred callers, or just somebody else. Then a quick change back to silent in the default sound settings mutes those unwanted callers again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
blwn327

blwn327

Reaction score
Thanx but I want it for when I'm sleeping, mute all except a couple important ppl?

Reaction score
Unless someone can point you to an app, you could use the method I mentioned and then just switch your default ringtones to silent when you go to sleep. Only the contacts you have set up with a specific ringtone will ring. All others will not disturb you. Then when you wake up, set your default back to something else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoisit is the one I use

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

OP
blwn327

blwn327

Reaction score
Do u still use the whoisit app? Reviews say it crashes alot?

OP
blwn327

blwn327

Reaction score
Installed it and not even 5min had a ghost notification, uninstalled but this is what I need similar