MUST READ! If ur Moto Power Cycles

jturkish

Reaction score
Some apps are not compatible with android 2.0 and could be the culprit on why some devices power cycle randomly....check app properties on your apps and if it isnt compatible with 2.0 then remove it....please post here if issue still persists after removing all non 2.0 compatible apps.

krusers3

Reaction score
mine has been power cycling, but i cannot find the properties on the apps to see if they are for the right version

MAzing87

Reaction score
Some apps are not compatible with android 2.0 and could be the culprit on why some devices power cycle randomly....check app properties on your apps and if it isnt compatible with 2.0 then remove it....please post here if issue still persists after removing all non 2.0 compatible apps.
How do you check the properties of apps?

JBag

Reaction score

settings, applications manage applications, click on the app and all the info shows up.

pwjone1

Reaction score

settings, applications manage applications, click on the app and all the info shows up.

I have to say, followed the instructions, still don't see where the compatibility is listed. Get version of the program, etc. Any further hints on what to look for?

kdanielson

Reaction score
Still Power Cycling

I am new to the Droid, coming from a Storm2 and mine has been power cycling at least 5 times per day since I got it. This started happening before I loaded any apps. I loaded Advanced Task Killer to make sure that it was not a bunch of open tasks that was causing it, but no luck there. I also did a factory reset and that did not help either. If anyone has any additional input I would love to hear it!!

krusers3

Reaction score

I have to say, followed the instructions, still don't see where the compatibility is listed. Get version of the program, etc. Any further hints on what to look for?

I agree...all that shows is the version of the program and not if the program is compatible with 2.0. As a side note yesterday I deleted all the apps except for the ones that were originally on my phone and it did not power cycle last night.

master c

Reaction score
Registered to say this:

The power cycling/random reboots are not software related.

It is a defective unit. Take it to the store you bought it from and have it replaced.

Mine was rebooting so I took it in. They replaced it after the tech had it in his hands 15 seconds and it rebooted on him.

The new device is not rebooting at all (with all the same widgets and apps, same SD card etc) and it is FASTER than the first one was (in terms of browser speed, scrolling, etc.) It also does not get as hot as the first one.

cgarnes

Reaction score
I think it would be valuable if a list of apps were presented so that we can cross-reference what apps are giving problems....

twelvetreeez

Reaction score
I have been watching mine reboot constantly for about 10 minutes while trying to find a fix. Is there no manual reset, all other Motos have had one?

1stdroid

Reaction score
Random Power Cycles

Yep, me too. The droid will just go into a power cycle reset seemingly arbitrarily. It first locks, that is, touching the back or home keys do nothing for a few seconds, and then power cycles. Very annoying.

My son and I were the first 2 people in SW Michigan to own droids. My son's phone seems fine. I had to return my first one immediately as the small ear speaker for calls was terribly distorted. It was just defective out of the box. The new phone started it's random power cycles on the first day. I've been trying to give it some time to see if it stops but, it did it again last night so, I guess, back it goes?

There isn't any android OS version information in the application menu that I can find. I don't know what the one poster is talking about.

Has anybody else that is experiencing this problem found a cause that can be corrected?

rockndakota

Reaction score
Yea, look on the box it came in. Note where it was made. 'nuf said.

1stdroid

Reaction score
I guess I should change my name to 3rddroid.

Today, I took my 2nd droid back and exchanged it. The first one had an obviously defective earpiece speaker. It rattled and sounded awful from the fist call. I headed out of town the day I got the phone (11-6) and exchanged it the day I returned.

In the first day of having the 2nd phone, it began power cycling at random. It has continued to do this for the last week or so. Today, I took it back and the store exchanged it for a 3rd one.

So far, only about 4 hours in, this one is perfect and I already have everything fully set up - contacts, apps, pics, music, etc. We'll see how it goes. If this one fails, in any way, it's 3 strikes and it's OUTTA HERE!!

I really hope that doesn't happen since all in all, I love this phone!!

X

xwera43

I am new to the Droid, coming from a Storm2 and mine has been power cycling at least 5 times per day since I got it. This started happening before I loaded any apps. I loaded Advanced Task Killer to make sure that it was not a bunch of open tasks that was causing it, but no luck there. I also did a factory reset and that did not help either. If anyone has any additional input I would love to hear it!!

I have read that the free Advanced Task Killer app kills your battery and that there is a $.99 Advance Task Manager that works without the battery drainage (I have yet to confirm but I trust the source).

~X

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

I have read that the free Advanced Task Killer app kills your battery and that there is a $.99 Advance Task Manager that works without the battery drainage (I have yet to confirm but I trust the source).

~X
this is correct...caused my phone to lock up as well. Had to pull the battery for the first time.

Deleted the app and have been fine since