Music Transfer - Memory & Missing File issues

Pinetree3

Reaction score
I recently purchased the HTC Incredible and am just starting to get used to it. I was trying to transfer music from my iTunes account to my phone. I was following some instructions I found on the web. I set my connection type as Disk Drive (Mount). When looking at My Computer, the Properties for the disk, however, it registered 2GB less 226MB. I thought my phone had 8GB.

I was trying to load 5MB of music, but obviously couldn't, due the space issue. Also, I was instructed to copy files to the "music" file. There was no music file listed on the disk.

How do I overcome these issues? Was I shortchanged on the SD card or are 2GB standard? How do I get 8GB space? Secondly, how do I find the missing "music" file on the drive to load my music files into?

Thanx

Impunity

Reaction score
I just got an Incredible as well. I know for a fact the SD card that came with mine is 2GB, and the phone has 8GB worth of internal space.

From what I understand you can buy larger SD cards.

DisneyRicky

Reaction score
I just got an Incredible as well. I know for a fact the SD card that came with mine is 2GB, and the phone has 8GB worth of internal space.

From what I understand you can buy larger SD cards.

Yeah, but transferring data from one card to another is a HUGE pain...

minimott

Reaction score
When I transferred songs from iTunes I had to be careful. The phone mounts two drives on my computer. One is the SD card and one is the internal memory.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
When I transferred songs from iTunes I had to be careful. The phone mounts two drives on my computer. One is the SD card and one is the internal memory.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Users can not use the internal memory...