Music syncs CD songs in incorrect order?

dwstraile

Reaction score
I loaded my wma files and had the same problem. Fortunately I had them all saved as MP3s as well. When I loaded them as MP3s they came up in the correct order.

My guess is that the wma's tags are not getting picked up by driod. Copy and convert to MP3 in foobar2000.

DW

dhinged

Reaction score
I've been successful downloading music to my Droid. But when I open up the any CDs on the Droid music player the order of the songs is all random on my Droid and not in the normal #1-13 song order that it was on the CD? I've tried erasing all the CDs and replacing them but it still does the same thing.

Also tried looking at the order from my computer on my Droid/ However, when I access my music from my droid through my computer each CD shows it to be correct. So I don't know what to do! Its been very frustrating. Any help would be myuch appreciated!

I noticed that the order the music is in on the Droid is the order it was loaded onto the Droid. So if you move over your music folders starting from Z, the music will start from Z as well. Doesn't make much sense, but that's how it is.

brianarmstrong1

Reaction score
Geez how can this possibly be an issue?? Don't get me wrong, I love my Droid X and have no desire to get an iphone, but I've never heard of them having a problem syncing their music correctly. I use my phone for music more than anything else, and this is so frustrating. A fix for this HAS to be made.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stop using the native music app. It really isn't very good. Try MixZing or PowerAmp. I've used these two for months and months and they work exactly as you would expect a music to work. There are others, I just can't think of their names right now.

Good luck.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez how can this possibly be an issue?? Don't get me wrong, I love my Droid X and have no desire to get an iphone, but I've never heard of them having a problem syncing their music correctly. I use my phone for music more than anything else, and this is so frustrating. A fix for this HAS to be made.

Well so far a couple of solutions have been given, but instead of talking about the solutions people seem to ignore them and keep complaining.

1. Get another music player, they are in the Market.

2. It probably is something in the tags that need to be fixed. Now I don't know anything about Windows Media Player but there is a way to make adjustments on these with iTunes.

I've loaded most of my music using Double Twist and I've seen some problems with incomplete albums. This is because of the way iTunes has music stored in it's folders and thing's I've done to screw them up. If you're having that kind of issue as well just drop the missing tunes in one at a time.

brianarmstrong1

Reaction score

Well so far a couple of solutions have been given, but instead of talking about the solutions people seem to ignore them and keep complaining.

1. Get another music player, they are in the Market.

2. It probably is something in the tags that need to be fixed. Now I don't know anything about Windows Media Player but there is a way to make adjustments on these with iTunes.

I've loaded most of my music using Double Twist and I've seen some problems with incomplete albums. This is because of the way iTunes has music stored in it's folders and thing's I've done to screw them up. If you're having that kind of issue as well just drop the missing tunes in one at a time.

These solutions aren't being ignored, at least not by me, none of them are working. I have even tried messing with the tags, but it's possible i just don't know what I'm doing and am making it worse, but it's not like I'm just blowing everyone off. Besides. the app should "just work". That's what sets Android apart from other devices. Things normally "just work".

Also, a reason I'm not sure it is the tags, though I'm not certain, the music transfer worked fine on my original Droid, but now on my new Droid X it's all of a sudden not working. Does that bring about any other thoughts?

Last edited:

Gritwater

Reaction score
It kills me that my d2 doesn't recognize 2 or more digit numerical values correct.

ie - 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 2 20 21.... etc

I don't organize my music your way since I haven't actually bought a cd in 10 years, but a workaround I did in my photo gallery was changing numbers to letters.

Track 1 - title of song
is renamed
Track a - title of song

Seeings how very few cds have more than 26 songs....that should help.

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving.