Music players crashing.

marxbro

Reaction score
Just got a D2, my first android phone, and I'm having problems with all the music players I've tried. I've got Poweramp Pro, Winamp, and the music player version for Honeycomb. After playing 10-20 songs all of the players stop working and say they can't find music on my device; any ideas what this may be or where I can download the old/default music player for Froyo?

Reaction score
Sounds like it's possibly a hardware/SD card issue to me. Are you using the card that came with the phone? (Do D2s come with cards?). If it was my phone, I'd try reformatting the card, then copying all my music to it again. Also, use USB mass storage mode, as I've heard of media sync causing some issues with songs for some people.

OP
M

marxbro

Reaction score
Can I just copy all of the files on the card to a folder on my desktop and then reformat the card and paste all the file back?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Why would you need 3 different music players on 1 phone? I would just pick one. I have Poweramp Pro and only use that. Nothing else. I'd either delete Winamp or Poweramp and then turn off your phone and back on and try again to see if that fixes the problem.

cubuff

Reaction score
If you use poweramp what media player are you using on your home computer? Also when adding new media is it just connect and it finds new media?
Im using winamp on home computer, just downloaded android winamp and sync'd them. The files are on my card but my winamp is only finding 900.
Sorry went all sorts of directions there!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kotbn18

Reaction score
This happens to me sometimes and stupid stuff like folders won't open and sometimes the camera doesn't work. just turn it off and back on. Should be good after that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

marxbro

Reaction score
I use poweramp because I like the EQ settings it lets you make and to me it makes the music sound better than the other players.

I downloaded the others to see if it was just poweramp giving me the problem and since I have similar problems across all the players I've tried that doesn't seem to be the case.

If I delete the other players which I don't mind doing I'm concerned that if the problem continues with poweramp that I won't be able to get the default android music player back.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I use poweramp because I like the EQ settings it lets you make and to me it makes the music sound better than the other players.

I downloaded the others to see if it was just poweramp giving me the problem and since I have similar problems across all the players I've tried that doesn't seem to be the case.

If I delete the other players which I don't mind doing I'm concerned that if the problem continues with poweramp that I won't be able to get the default android music player back.

No need to delete the default android media player. It's just not necessary to have Poweramp Pro and Winamp on one phone. I would just keep Poweramp or Winamp. Leave the Android default media player alone. Have you tried dragging some songs into a specific media folder, on your SD card, and try playing it through that folder? I don't like the idea of it just randomly finding songs off my laptop, through the USB, and placing it on my phone. This is due to me not even knowing it's doing that and putting songs on the SD card that I don't listen to. I've looked into why and how it is picking up random songs through my USB to my laptop and placing songs automatically on my SD card without my authorization. Still unclear about that one.

OP
M

marxbro

Reaction score
I use Media Monkey to transfer files from my computer to the D2 because it doesn't crash during transfers where Winamp tends to do. I don't transfer individual songs to the D2, just full albums with art at a time.

I erased Winamp from my phone and will see if that helps; I just wish I could reinstall the default froyo music player but got geeked up about the honeycomb version that leaked online and installed it over the froyo version. anyone know where i can get the froyo version to download?

cubuff

Reaction score
marxbro, I used media monkey to transfer my music to my phone. I really like that program, however, my phone is still only recognizing 800 or so songs on my card even though 3000 are there. If I go to the stock file explore it only shows the 800, but if i use a ES file explore I can find all 3000 and also they will play fine if I open them through that. Im not sure what to do. I have erased them from the card a few times and put them back on still no luck.

Reaction score
So why don't you guys try copying your music to the phone via USB mass storage, and seeing if you get the same issues?

cubuff

Reaction score
I did that too, same issue. I think I might have found a solution. I am using poweramp, and it finding the songs. I think the reason the others will not is when the songs sync'd over to the phone they got put into individual artist folders within the song folder. The other players wern't picking this up.