Music Player Questions/Issues

elemcee

Reaction score
I put some .mp3 and .m3u files on my SD card, and the music player recognized them with no problem. Then I deleted an .m3u file (connected phone to computer via USB), but the music player still thinks the playlist is there (and will play it). I've looked at the files on my computer and through Astro, and the file is not there.

I've gone into "Manage Applications" and cleared the data, but no dice; the playlist is still there (according to the music player). Also, I've added some .jpgs of album covers, and they aren't showing up, either (though some are).

So basically it's just flaky, and I can't figure out its "rules." Anybody have any thoughts/ideas?

Edit: fixed a period.

OP
E

elemcee

Reaction score
So I found a workaround. Not ideal, but it seemed to work. I copied all the files from my SD card to my computer, then formatted the SD card and copied the files back. Playlist is gone and album covers are showing. Go figure.

Obviously I shouldn't have to do it that way, so if anyone has any other explanation, that would be good. Or if no one else has this problem, never mind. As you were.

godanigo

Reaction score
Android loads the playlists and saves them in a seperate location, to actually delete the playlist you need to long press until options come up, and then delete.

Also, if you change album art, but the file still has the same name, etc. you just need to play the file so the music player realizes the art is there. The reason that reformatting worked is because the music player had to catalog ALL the files again, but it was definitely an unnecessary step.

Long press and menu button are your friends.

4o66

Reaction score
Clearing ALL music metadata

Go to settings, applications, manage applications, [menu button], filter, all

Find the Media Storage app, and clear data.

This deletes everything! artists, albums, playlists. (data still on card)

Plug in, mount usb. Eject. Go back into music, and wait (a lot if you have more than a few tracks.)