Music Player Fails to Sort Songs

stormculture

Reaction score
I convert audio books to MP3s and listen to them on the standard Music Player application that comes with the Android OS (Motorola Droid). The file name of the MP3s is the format "Artist - Book - Track #", with leading zeroes for low track numbers. All the MP3's have ID3 v2 headers filled in.

Recently I've found that when the number of tracks is over 100 the music player fails to sort the tracks correctly - they seem to be in almost random order, or groups of tracks are sorted correctly, but the groups do not appear in the right order.

I was able to fix this problem by making sure that the ID3 v2 Track # field is filled in. It seems that without this, the music player doesn't sort the tracks correctly.

Just passing on the helpful information. I will re-post if I find this doesn't always solve the problem. Does anyone know more about what the sort criteria are? Can anyone explain how tracks are sorted when the track # is blank?

pittdude

Reaction score
***Bump***
I really like the Music app until it didn't maintain correct track order for certain albums. Like Stormculture, they are tagged correctly and are played in correct track order by other mp3 plyers.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
try music folder player. Free app w/ ad support. Paid app = no ads

it allows you to sort music by folders. I alphabatize. A folder contains Aerosmith, Avenged 7fold, ect

build play lists in the order you want.

don't know if that is what you're looking for, but combined with File manager app (also free) I can keep my music and videos organized for very quick play ability.