music playback sound quality

GMarv

Reaction score
so i just picked up my droid x yesterday, and today i'm trying to make new ringtones out of songs i dropped in from my pc. i noticed that a couple of the songs i moved sound compressed/slightly distorted.

also, with one song it sounds like the singer's voice is a lot louder than the instruments in the background, and the volume automatically lowers when the song comes out of a transition (i.e., a soft part plays clearly but when the song picks up again the volume lowers to compensate).

all the songs sound perfect on the computer speakers, but a couple cause problems for the droid's external speakers.

anyone else experience this issue?

in case anyone is wondering, there's 3 songs: wish you were here by pink floyd (sounds perfect), complications by deadmau5 (sounds compressed/distorted), and sleepwalker by parkway drive (weird volume issue described above)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
How did you get the songs on your x?

OP
G

GMarv

Reaction score
i made a 'music' folder in the sd card directory from my pc, then dragged the tracks into that folder

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I used windows media player to convert and sync songs. I have 2gbs or so worth of music and never had a problem with any song. While the x can read mp3's just dragged on there some files it might need to change the formatting a little that could be where your problem is.

OP
G

GMarv

Reaction score
hmm.. well all the songs i used are in mp3 format..