Music over bluetooth issues

mgsnat88

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm having some issues with my droid razr when playing music over bluetooth with my car stereo. My car stereo is the Kenwood excelon dnx 9980 and it does support A2DP as my previous droids and iPhone worked. My problem is that when i play music, it doesn't always play where i left off. i would have to go into the app and tap play but it would restart the playlist. gets very annoying after a while. not only that but every time i put my phone on lock while playing music, the song stops playing or restarts the playlist again. It does this too while switching to say the text app to reply to a text or go into the browser or other app in general it stops the music but it shows that its still playing. Anyone know why this happens? any fixes? everything is fine when its just headphones or off the internal speaker. thanks for the help.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
It happens because you're using the stock music apps. Use power amp or n7 player (probably several others as well) & everything should work as desired.

OP
M

mgsnat88

Reaction score
you know i tried that and it still doesn't work. i have a feeling i may have a defective phone for some reason.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Well if you're using a player app that usually remembers last played, then could be an issue with SD. You can try some of the simple things like unmounting & mounting, physically removing & reinsert, reformat, and/or try another card.

On my first Razr it was always doing weird stuff with my SD card, sometimes I could save pictures to it others I couldn't(this one really pissed me off, with many of the pictures were hard to retake like having my dogs pose or just a shot that can't be captured again), samething with copying files to it. Sometimes it wouldn't mount after boot or player wouldn't access any on my music files, even a few times after boot it showed up as failed & needed to he formatted(reboot/remove it was OK) but 1 time it was actually corrupted but since everything on it is backed up I just reformatted instead of trying to recover. Although all the Razr that fallowed had their own issues SD card wasn't one of them.