Music on the Razr Maxx

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
umpire.20 said:
I recently purchased the MAXX. I've gone into my laptop (Windows Media Player) and synced my music onto the phone.

[*]It put the music "on the phone" rather than onto the memory card.
[*]I use either Play Music or My Music to listen to tunes. Only one tune plays. How do I get the phone to play more than 1 tune at a time?
[*]Should I just "copy" the music over to the memory card, or go back into Windows and re-sync to that location? (I didn't realize it would go onto the phone's memory area).
[*]Typically, I do not stream music.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't use them much, but thinking if you create playlists in either/or of those apps then you just select from a playlist and it should play that playlist continually..

Is that what your trying to do?

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

jpd

Reaction score
I have an Iphone4s and am thinking about exchanging it for a Maxx.

The one thing I really like about the Iphone is the music quality, and how easy it is to sync my itunes.

If I did get Maxx is it easy to put music onto the phone? Also how's the quality?

I copied all my music from I tunes to the Amazon cloud about a year ago and have never looked back. I installed the Amazon music player on my droid and that is the only music player I use. It is easy to download any music you want from the cloud to your player. It is easy to choose between listening to music from the cloud or your droid. Amazon has a very large music selection to buy music from. They are a lot less restrictive in letting you share your music across devices. You can set it up so that songs you buy stay in the cloud, or stay in the cloud and download to your devices automatically. there were quite a few things I found frustrating with I tunes that I do not have to contend with using Amazon.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I synced our itunes account with my Google Music account and now just stream all my music without taking up any space. It sometimes lags every now and then.

The Google play also has some pretty good deals on music, plus free songs

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I synced our itunes account with my Google Music account and now just stream all my music without taking up any space. It sometimes lags every now and then.

The Google play also has some pretty good deals on music, plus free songs

How did you sync iTunes will Google?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Papasmurf said:
How did you sync iTunes will Google?

Down load the music player to your PC and there is a option to automatically sync with new music added to itunes. You can even download the mp3 to your PC after buying from the play store to sync back to your itunes

Papasmurf

Reaction score
Down load the music player to your PC and there is a option to automatically sync with new music added to itunes. You can even download the mp3 to your PC after buying from the play store to sync back to your itunes

Oh I thought you synced your playlist and everything.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you go into settings, storage, media sync storage. Change it to SD card. And then your syncs will go to the ext-sdcard

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's funny Droid2Drummer?
Sorry just flashed back to the Axiom on my safe mode and noticed the reply to my statement.I just thought it was funny at the time.Many think so highly of the iPhone and that was just funny to me when I saw the reply "What makes you so sure?" Lol It was the conversation and all not so much the iPhone thing...lol

But I will add the iPod is way over rated IMO...
Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

chevybob20

Reaction score
I use Itunes at home on a pc windows 7 laptop and have a Razor Maxx for a phone. My library is stored on a Buffalo tech NAS hard drive in Apple Lossless format. I use a laptop as a Jukebox and a Apple TV device to stream music to my receiver so no one but me has to touch my audio equipment (I don't like people touching my junk :blink:). I have friends over all the time to play pool. I also use Airfoil app to stream Pandora to the Apple TV device. I want to continue to use itunes at home because of my setup.

Can I sync my stored music in itunes, which is stored in Apple lossless format to Google Music? All my music is from CD's and not downloaded.
Will this process change any of the existing files on my hard drive? What is actually happening during the process?
What steps will I have to do to accomplish this?
I own about 600 complete CD's. How long would this process take (estimated)?
What are the draw backs of using itunes with google music?

Thanks in advance.