Music not being saved on micro sd card

onelazyballa

Reaction score
So i have a droid 2 global and everytime i try to save music on the sd card it disappears. I tried copy and pasting, doubletwist app, and now easy phone tunes. and it still does not show anything on the sd card. whats wrong?

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Is it not there, or is it just not in the stock music app?

Lax bro, closet geek

OP
O

onelazyballa

Reaction score
its not in there completely. at first it shows that its saved in the micro sd and then when i try to use the stock player or player pro it says i have no songs saved at all

leobg

Reaction score
Make sure there is no .nomedia flags in the folder you are saving your music.

Clarification: .nomedia is an empty file you put in a folder that you want to be ignored for scanning for media content. If such file is present, player will skip this location

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Have you looked through your sd card for it?

Lax bro, closet geek

OP
O

onelazyballa

Reaction score
its not even there after the transfer. i paste it in the folder wait till the transfer is done and click remove hardware from windows. then when i try to look for it on my phone its not there. and when i plug the usb back in the whole music folder is completely empty

leobg

Reaction score
I would recommend you to backup contents of the card (copy to your PC), then format the card and put stuff back there. Sounds like corrupted file system on the card.

OP
O

onelazyballa

Reaction score
yea i formatted it it again. i got some songs to transfer but not all of them. could it be the micro sd card, phone, or music? the songs are coming from my ipod

draexo

Reaction score
I have found that songs purchase from tunes will not copy as they have protection. Not sure if that is what your issue is.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

gnewman2

Reaction score
Also a music problem

I'm having the same type of problem. I downloaded 2 songs; they went into the Music folder. I wanted to use them as ringtones. One has worked with no issues and the other one disappears (both from the music folder and my ringtone choices) after a couple of days.