Music/MP3 files won't play!!

Batman8

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any problem with the Bionic playing basic mp3 files? I have over 1000 on my SD card from my Droid-X. The Bionic can find and see all of them, it also sees all of my playlists but it won't play any of the songs unless I list them in "album" view. Otherwise, it gives me the error that "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" over and over again. This happens with the standard/stock music player as well as with 3rd party players.

By the way, all of my mp3 files are located on the "sdcard-ext" and are NOT inside the standard "music" folder. I created a customized folder for all my songs a long time ago and have been able to use this same sdcard with this folder on my OG Droid as well as my Droid-X with no problems until using the Bionic with it's partitions. I also tried renaming my folder as "Music" but that didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

IRSmurf

Reaction score
1. Are you using the included microSD card our did you simply swap SD cards between your phones?
2. Are MP3's recognized if you put them in a "music" folder in the root directory of the included SD card?
3. Are you using the stock music app (speaker icon), Google Music Beta app (head phone icon), or a third parry app?
4. Are you sure the file format is MP3?
5. How many songs do you have on the SD card?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
1. Are you using the included microSD card our did you simply swap SD cards between your phones?
2. Are MP3's recognized if you put them in a "music" folder in the root directory of the included SD card?
3. Are you using the stock music app (speaker icon), Google Music Beta app (head phone icon), or a third parry app?
4. Are you sure the file format is MP3?
5. How many songs do you have on the SD card?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply IRSmurf, however some of your questions were already answered in my original post but I'll answer them again for you here.

1. Are you using the included microSD card our did you simply swap SD cards between your phones? As mentioned, I swapped from my Droid-X.
2. Are MP3's recognized if you put them in a "music" folder in the root directory of the included SD card? The included 16GB SD card is too small for all of my 32GB of data. Also, putting everything in the phone's internal small partition is exactly what I am trying to avoid. This is the whole reason for having a 32GB SD card.
3. Are you using the stock music app (speaker icon), Google Music Beta app (head phone icon), or a third parry app? As mentioned, this happens with the standard/stock music player as well as with 3rd party players.
4. Are you sure the file format is MP3? Yes, because I created 95% of them myself over the years from my CD collection.
5. How many songs do you have on the SD card? As mentioned, I have over 1000 songs on my 32GB card (about 1100-1200 songs).

Thanks again for your help.