music/media cuts off (no task mgr set to cut it off)

tonybaldwin

Reaction score
I removed all 3rd party task manager apps, and made sure that neither media player nor any other software identifiably related to playing music is set in the default task manager to cut off after screen time out.
Nonetheless, 3 to 4 minutes after screen time out, every time, music will pause for no apparent reason.
It happens whether using media player, winamp, klastfmplayer, tunein radio, or any other music playing software.
I even took the phone back to the store and the guy there couldn't figure it out.

To clarify, the media player is not killed, but just paused.
Also, it happens both, with or without headphones (someone suggested to me that headphones were somehow inadvertently tripping something, but, clearly not the case here).

Battery saving setting don't seem to make a difference, either (at least, same phenomenon occurs at maximum saver and performance. Haven't tried "nightime" or whatever the 4th option is).

Why is my music cutting off?

This is a Motorola Droid 2, incidentally. To my knowledge, the OS is fully updated, but the problem has existed for months, even before recent updates, and still persists even after recent updates.

rasillon27

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my Droid X2, though it seems like it is only 2 minutes. I've cleared my entire task manager list and that resolves the problem, but I would like to use the task manager for apps unrelated to music. Any help on what might be causing this would be very much appreciated.

rasillon27

Reaction score
Found the problem in a different thread! I was task killing the "gallery" app. After removing that from the list, along with anything related to pictures for safe measure, I've been able to play with no further trouble! Good luck! :)