Music from SD card will 'SKIP"

Josebunbury

Reaction score
Hello fellow members,

I've been having an issue lately during which all the music saved on my SD card will (what I can only describe as) skip (remember scratched CD's) and it is very random no matter what music player I use... so far I have tried the stock music player, Meridian, WinAmp and Real Player. I have reset the phone, reformatted the memory card and it keeps happening which sucks as my Razr is the main music player in my car and at home. Could someone be som kind to point me to solution...
thanks..

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Does it skip when you're listening to it through the phone's speaker or while using the headphone jack or both? If it is just when you are using the headphone jack maybe you have a bad or dirty jack or plug. Also what class and size is your sd card?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
Josebunbury

Josebunbury

Reaction score
It skips no matter what wheather speaker on the phone or the earbuds... I got a 32 gig micro sd card class 6 which I formatted to see if that was the issue but it keeps happening...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Josebunbury said:
It skips no matter what wheather speaker on the phone or the earbuds... I got a 32 gig micro sd card class 6 which I formatted to see if that was the issue but it keeps happening...

Can you move some music onto the phone storage or maybe try another sd card and see if it still happens?

OP
Josebunbury

Josebunbury

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice... I moved some of the music to the phones memory and it seemed to fix it ... until I noticed fhat it seems to be doing it when the phone performs another task... this time rhe screen goes dark and sfays dark or it freezes all together seems to be a memory issue but not the memory card...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Try cleaning out you cache. Maybe that will help. If not you may have a bad sd card. But before you buy a new one try unmounting the card, pull it out, reinsert it, and remount it. It can't hurt.

Last edited:
OP
Josebunbury

Josebunbury

Reaction score
thanks for the great advice, clearing the cache helped and now not skipping at all..!!! saved some money on getting a new sd card...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm glad I could help.