Music formats

ksukat

Reaction score
Greetings,
My wife had a blackberry pearl and upgraded to a droid. She "claims" she just use to copy the cda files from a music CD to her blackberry and it would play the music just fine. She tried it with the droid and it didnt' work. Had her "rip" the music from the CD and copy to the droid and it worked. She complained that it took too long and the other way she use to do it was faster/easier.

Can the droid play cda files ?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is straight from Motorola: AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI

So no CDA -- I was unaware that CDA could be played on a BB. Either way, what your wife loses in time, she gains in space. Uncompressed CDA files can be 3 or 4 times the size of their MP3, WMA, and OGG counterparts.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
The Droid needs more video codecs so I don't have to convert every damn movie just like the 360 and the majority of .mp4's it wont play...

OP
K

ksukat

Reaction score
Thanks. That is what I thought. Still can't quite believe she copied the cda's directly to the blackberry. She said it asked something about quality when she copied them, so it probably was converting them to something else.