Music Deleting Itself??

baseballprofessor77

Reaction score
Every time I download music from either Dolphin Browser HD or the 4Shared App, the mp3 appears in my music, but the next day, it is gone. Any suggestions? Its starting to get annoying.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Omneitic

Reaction score
What's the download location? If it's a temporary file, that may be the issue. Make sure it's going to your SD Card or a permanent folder in your internal memory.

OP
B

baseballprofessor77

Reaction score
How do I make sure it saves in the right place. Im not rooted

Omneitic

Reaction score
Just use the app Files aka File Manager and check on the SD Card for a download folder. If there is no download folder then your files are probably not being downloaded to the correct location.

Launch your App Drawer
Select: Files
Select: Phone Files
Select: "download" folder

See if those songs are there.

OP
B

baseballprofessor77

Reaction score
The files are not there, however, all the music I downloaded from my stock browser are there

Omneitic

Reaction score
What app or other browser are you using to download said music? The stock browser is functioning properly then.

OP
B

baseballprofessor77

Reaction score
The 4Shared mobile site is gone, so it is too inconvinient. If its the only option, then I guess ill just have to stick it out

Omneitic

Reaction score
So are you using a 4shared app? You said the stock browser one is working fine. What other app are you using to download the music and I can try and help you fix that?

OP
B

baseballprofessor77

Reaction score
It is the 4shared app on the market made by russian.... I don't remember the exact title

Omneitic

Reaction score
I will need to know the exact title. From what I can tell, there are two 4shared applications by RussianInternetSolutions

1. 4shared Music
This program allows you to upload music to a storage on their server and listen to other music on your mobile device, but it streams the music and possibly downloads it to your device. However, from the description you should be able to add a song to your playlist on 4shared Music to listen to at another time.
2. 4shared Mobile

This program is the same, but for files, movies, and apps.

From what I've read on the reviews in market, you can set the download location by opening up the 4shared App and getting to the Menu and then going to Downloads. I do not know because I do not use this software and did not want to sign up for a new account. If you need further help on this program, I recommend you contact the developer or perhaps another 4shared member who uses this service and app.