Music Beta App

Caldrumr

Reaction score
I received my invite for Google Music Beta. I uploaded a bunch of songs from my CD collection, and it works fine on my computer, or on the Web.
However, I don't seem to be able to get it to work on my phone. I have a Motorola Droid running Android 2.2 on Verizon.
I tried to download the app, and it says "Installation Error - Package file was not signed correctly".
I tried to download it from the app store online, and it says "this item is not compatible with your device".
I tried to install straight from an APK, but it won't launch.

Is this app not compatible with the Droid, or is there something I am missing? Maybe it's a lack of OpenGL 2.0 support?

Anyone have this app working on the Droid, or know how to? Thanks!

REMilk

Reaction score
Are you rooted? And if so are you using the App "Move2SD Enabler"?

The problem is your phone is trying to install the Music Beta to the SD Card and presently this is not supported.

I had the same problem you were having with the exact same messages. I am rooted and had "Move2 SD Enabler set to "External" (always install to SD card). I set it to Internal" (always install on Phone). Note: I try to have it set to "Auto".

Once I made this change, the Music Beta installed.

Good Luck,
Bob

OP
C

Caldrumr

Reaction score
Yes, I am rooted. I don't have that app though; I have never heard of it. I will try it out. Thanks for the tip! This has been driving me crazy.

OP
C

Caldrumr

Reaction score
I downloaded that app, and tried setting it to both Internal and Auto. I get the same "the package was not signed correctly" error when trying to install Google Music with either setting. Did I miss something?

OP
C

Caldrumr

Reaction score
Hmm... Well, I can't seem to get it to work here no matter what I do. Thanks for the answers anyway guys. I appreciate it.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I had it on my Droid too. I wasn't installing to SD card. Was running the latest build of CM7. Again, not that it helps you much, but at least we know it works on the Droid.