Music app doesn't like metallica?

KukiKid

Reaction score
Hey I just tried putting a new CD on my droid, ...And Justice for all by Metallica right? So I got it in .mp3 and put it on the SD, ASTRO can read the files BUT THE MUSIC APP WILL NOT DISPLAY THEM AT ALL! I cant get them to show up for any reason, rebooted. They are in /sdcard/music/metallica/...and justice for all. Any advice? Im on a froyo 2.2 ROM

JimmyD

Reaction score
Clearly your Droid is simply waiting for you to load Ride The Lightning before it will let you play Metallica because it's a better album!
;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JimmyD

Reaction score
Heh, sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
KukiKid

KukiKid

Reaction score
Maybe I already have it on there lol!

OP
KukiKid

KukiKid

Reaction score
I guess astro is my new media player..... at least I can hear dyers eve on it

JimmyD

Reaction score
Maybe I already have it on there lol!

;) LOL

.....that is really weird though. Maybe the properties of the And Justice For All files are a little different than other mp3 files?

brando56894

Reaction score
Maybe it doesnt like the ellipses? I have all their albums (except st anger, which i dont want) on my sdcard and they work fine, but then again I use mixzing.

BadWolf

Reaction score
Maybe the developer banned Metallica from his player. He probably hates Lars Ulrich for the Napster incident. :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess astro is my new media player..... at least I can hear dyers eve on it

Ya, Dyers Eve rocks.
Seen them 6 times and they have never played it live:angry:!

Lightning is better but the guitar solo from Shortest Straw might be the sickest of all time! St. Anger doesn't even make a good coaster, nevermind a Metallica album, there is not one guitar solo on that whole CD! Although I think the made great strides with Death Magnetic, hard, fast, as close to old Metallica as you can get.

I'm a huge Metallica fan if my screenname didn't give it away.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I haven't put any Metallica on my Droid yet. (don't really know why)

brando56894

Reaction score
Lightning is better but the guitar solo from Shortest Straw might be the sickest of all time!

Umm have you never listened to the last two or three minutes of "One"? That IMO (and in others minds) is the greatest solo ever its a three minute long solo!

tallica said:
St. Anger doesn't even make a good coaster, nevermind a Metallica album,

totally agree!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lightning is better but the guitar solo from Shortest Straw might be the sickest of all time!

Umm have you never listened to the last two or three minutes of "One"? That IMO (and in others minds) is the greatest solo ever its a three minute long solo!

St. Anger doesn't even make a good coaster, nevermind a Metallica album,

totally agree!

Don't get me wrong, the outro to One is phenomenal but the subtle technicalness of the shortest straw solo is one one of a kind, and I have a hard time believing that any other professional guitarist could play it anywhere near as good as Kirk Hammett! Just my opinion.

Btw... I have no musical talent at all, I cannot play any instruments, just a good ear and an unhealthy love for Metallica.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Maybe the developer banned Metallica from his player. He probably hates Lars Ulrich for the Napster incident. :)

This is my guess :) Back to the album debate... Nothing beats the raw fury that is Kill'em All................

JimmyD

Reaction score
:icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker:

a_true_metallica_fan_tshirt.jpg

:icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker: :icon_ rocker:

:icon_ rocker: plus Death Magnetic :icon_ rocker:
:gotmyvote:

rconaway

Reaction score
Hey I just tried putting a new CD on my droid, ...And Justice for all by Metallica right? So I got it in .mp3 and put it on the SD, ASTRO can read the files BUT THE MUSIC APP WILL NOT DISPLAY THEM AT ALL! I cant get them to show up for any reason, rebooted. They are in /sdcard/music/metallica/...and justice for all. Any advice? Im on a froyo 2.2 ROM
Remove the periods from the folder on the SD card so the path is changed from \...And Justice for all to \And Justice For All. It doesnt like the leading dots.