Multitouch stopped working in games

Mr.Mingo

Reaction score
My Rezounds Multitouch is acting up. Not sure where to get help for this but figured I'd try here first. The problem happens when I'm playing games where I have to touch more than one part of the screen. For instance in a racing game I'll have to touch for the gas and also touch to steer, the problem is that when I am holding down one button and then touch another, that first buttons action completely stops. So back to the racing example, if I'm holding down the gas button and then tap the steering button, the gas button stops working and I'll have to press it again to get it going again. Platforms are the same, holding the forward direction, then when I jump I stop moving forward and have to press it again.

I know this seems like an issue with the app but it happens in all my games where I need to use multi touch. Even happens when I am using emulators. Is there a setting I may have messed with that cut out support for multi touch?I'm on the latest software update.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
My Rezounds Multitouch is acting up. Not sure where to get help for this but figured I'd try here first. The problem happens when I'm playing games where I have to touch more than one part of the screen. For instance in a racing game I'll have to touch for the gas and also touch to steer, the problem is that when I am holding down one button and then touch another, that first buttons action completely stops. So back to the racing example, if I'm holding down the gas button and then tap the steering button, the gas button stops working and I'll have to press it again to get it going again. Platforms are the same, holding the forward direction, then when I jump I stop moving forward and have to press it again.

I know this seems like an issue with the app but it happens in all my games where I need to use multi touch. Even happens when I am using emulators. Is there a setting I may have messed with that cut out support for multi touch?I'm on the latest software update.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

I'm not on the OTA but I've never had a problem with this. I'd wait for another few people to chime in before panicking. If it's your hardware, then you can panic.

Insidious

Reaction score
Try a factory reset? Also Antutu tester has a multi touch tester.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
M

Mr.Mingo

Reaction score
I'm not on the OTA but I've never had a problem with this. I'd wait for another few people to chime in before panicking. If it's your hardware, then you can panic.

Yeah I'm hoping this thread will get a few more replies to help rule out the cause. Really hoping its not a hardware issue. Thanks for the response!

Try a factory reset? Also Antutu tester has a multi touch tester.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Thanks for the suggestion! I just tried a multi touch test app from the market. Got 4 touches before it reset. Do you know if that's the normal amount for the Rezound? Factory reset will likely be my next plan of action, not looking forward to it but it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Thanks again.

OP
M

Mr.Mingo

Reaction score
Well I uninstalled Golauncher and restarted my phone. Seems to have fixed it but man do I miss the beautiful themes I had for Golauncher. Back to stock but at least I can play games now. Anyone know why Golauncher would cause this issue?

genebean

Reaction score
GO is fairly responsive to trouble emails... might want to shoot them a message. Odds are good they will fix it.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
GoLauncher?

Are you using a different launcher.
I have been having the same problems with my Rezound when playing cartoonwars:gunner as well as some other games. I read on another forum that Go Locker and Go Launcher could be causing the problem. I will be uninstalling them from my phone to see if this makes a difference.
If you come across any other solution please let me know as i really enjoy having GoLauncher on my phone if it isn't the problem.

Sorry the whole post didn't show up when i opened the page. i see a similar answer above. Didnt mean to be redundant, but still hopeful of another solution.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr.Mingo

Reaction score
Yeah I later found out that Golocker was the problem. If you don't want to get rid of it you can keep it installed and just toggle it on and off when you play a game. Golauncher works just fine though so you can keep that on all the time.
Hopefully will get fixed soon.