Multiple phones - Root them, unroot them

adri

Reaction score
I've been trying to root my Droid X for a while now. I started Step 2 option A. I downloaded Astro and Terminal Emulator. I got to step 4 ./rage*.bin but all it says is that it can't be found. I have no access to a computer and really would like to root my phone. I'm so computer illiterate its not even funny. Any idea of what went wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I've been trying to root my Droid X for a while now. I started Step 2 option A. I downloaded Astro and Terminal Emulator. I got to step 4 ./rage*.bin but all it says is that it can't be found. I have no access to a computer and really would like to root my phone. I'm so computer illiterate its not even funny. Any idea of what went wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

What system version is your phone running now? It can be found under Settings > About phone.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unfortunately you will not be able to root on that system version. It is fairly new and an exploit has not been found yet.

adri

Reaction score
That sucks. Thanks for the info though.

Sent from my DROIDX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem, sorry I didn't have better news for you :sad-b:

not12listen

Reaction score
hi. just got a Droid X for free, did a factory wipe. then i got all the latest updates.

Android: 2.3.4
SYstem Version: 4.5.621.MB810

i went through the steps listed on the OP - not going to copy/paste the whole thing.

Step 2 option A:[/B]
Root your phone without your computer - This would be the path someone on a Mac could take or someone without access to a computer.
This works for the DX and D2 phone, won't work for the D1

anywho. it did not work - i will post exactly where it failed later this evening.